Is it okay to NOT be thrilled with finding gold?

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent about 2 1/2 hours at an east coast Florida beach today before a thunderstorm rolled in. I had to chose between finding more pennies and waking up alive tomorrow. (Guess which one I chose...) I searched a small section of the beach before calling it a day. All of the coins pictured below are from the early 1960's to present, with no silver or wheat pennies in the bunch (sigh). I did manage to recover a tiny bit of gold, though.

I've read about others recovering dental gold, but this is the first time I've done so. I don't know why, but I have no issue with gold that is worn on the outside of someone, but gold that worn in someone's mouth is a bit....well...yucky. I guess I'll have to get over it! Below are a few pictures from the day's hunt. Thanks for looking!

All finds.jpg
Gold Before Cleaning.jpg
Gold After Cleaning.jpg

Upvote 12

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could have been dumped with ashes - that would make more disturbing

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't bother me to find that gold, heck I once found a complete dead body ! Lady was murdered and dumped.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't bother me to find that gold, heck I once found a complete dead body ! Lady was murdered and dumped.

WHAT!?...omg, that's one of my fears detecting, wandering off into the woods or a creek and finding a corpse, or digging a ring, with fingers attached. That must've been mortifying.. Ddf

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! I'm not sure how I'd handle that. Did you have permission to hunt in MS-13's back yard?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT!?...omg, that's one of my fears detecting, wandering off into the woods or a creek and finding a corpse, or digging a ring, with fingers attached. That must've been mortifying.. Ddf
I often thought that I would find a body, and it wasn't as bad as I figured it to be. I mean don't get me wrong. I felt terrible for the woman, but it didn't "wig" me out. I just notified the authorities, they took my statement, and that was it. She was hauled off in a body bag, an hour later, while I was still there. They figured she had been murdered less than 10 hours before I found her, sometime during the night, and I found her by 7:00 a.m.
the next morning. Luckily, heavy decomposition had not set in. That may have changed my whole day !

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could have been jewelry that was in a beach bonfire. A breeze can make the fire fairly hot. It looks like it has been melted.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold. I have several gold crowns that my mother recovered when she worked for a dentist in the 1960s.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice array of finds.

You can feel any way you want to about them, they are your finds.

I have this dread that the one time i find a massive gold ring....it won't be alone, but on the hand of a dead guy.
Then i have to give up detecting time answering questions i don't have answers to.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I often thought that I would find a body, and it wasn't as bad as I figured it to be. I mean don't get me wrong. I felt terrible for the woman, but it didn't "wig" me out. I just notified the authorities, they took my statement, and that was it. She was hauled off in a body bag, an hour later, while I was still there. They figured she had been murdered less than 10 hours before I found her, sometime during the night, and I found her by 7:00 a.m.
the next morning. Luckily, heavy decomposition had not set in. That may have changed my whole day !

Did they ask where you were the night before?

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I wouldn’t my finding go if it was once logged in someone anal cavity. But that me.
Haha I was dying when I read this. I'm with you...

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it be bothering you mate, PM me and I’ll direct you how to be free of it. I welcome gold from any source! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread