๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the easy money is in fishing tackle
BangHead.gif

finds from 2 beaches - waters seem warm but no one going in - lots of sunbathers - just no water bathers
handful of people like knee deep or ankle deep with babies
small thin silver cross and just a few older thin coins
best item may be the large rusty crusty ball in upper left of second pic - found at one of my spots
ive gotten lot of musketballs and colonial buttons at over the yrs. - I think it might be a small
cannon ball - may be from a deck gun - will have to get checked out in future
actually - still a few bucks here in sinkers and even some lures could be cleaned up (add a new hook) and resold

took awhile to chisel the crust off it - found about 2 ft down in like 5ft of water at low tide

Upvote 32

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pursuit of gold and silver does seem quite silly compared to all this neat stuff!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
One advantage gold and silver have over any other object is you can always find a buyer.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One advantage gold and silver have over any other object is you can always find a buyer.
Ive been detecting for over 40 yrs - sold just about everything from the first 20 yrs - plenty of buyers for everything
good jewelry - bad jewelry - sold dog licenses - keys - buttons - toys - all kinds of military items - tokens and older collectibles all dug

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fish so i love finding sinkers and lures... they are expensive now days

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to dig it all,, you never know... nice haul of finds... remember your just clearing the way for the treasure signals :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is sure a lot of fishing recoveries! :occasion14:

July is coming soon! :icon_thumleft:

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Casper so what do you do with all of the fishing tackle you find ?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know in a way, it's like preforming a "community service" I tell people, not only are we removing lead from the water, but the "Hooks" could ruin a persons whole day if playing around out there barefoot. I don't know, just a thought for a "Public Relations" sort of thing for us metal detecting people to use on the rare occasion we encounter "some" people. Nice day you had there Casper.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not always about the gold and silver. "Treasure is in the eye of the beholder (finder)" Nice finds Casper.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know in a way, it's like preforming a "community service" I tell people, not only are we removing lead from the water, but the "Hooks" could ruin a persons whole day if playing around out there barefoot. I don't know, just a thought for a "Public Relations" sort of thing for us metal detecting people to use on the rare occasion we encounter "some" people. Nice day you had there Casper.

I have sent pics of lures with hooks along with lead taken out - broken glass finds - lkives and other trash to government officials - they helped against possible
legislation against metal detecting a few yrs back

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Casper so what do you do with all of the fishing tackle you find ?
years ago I had a tag sale (yard sale) and I put out a box of good sinkers - like 10 cents for small ones and 25c for larger
all sold - and I had box of lures I cleaned and replaced hooks and sold for like $1 a piece - think made like $50+
Ive saved most now since 2000 - I easily have over 400 lbs in sinkers and like 3 shoe boxes full of lures - if I ever
retire - figure I can take time to clean them and sell them - bad sinkers I can remelt and make new ones if I want and
get more money - I used to salt water fish a lot yrs ago and have molds already for bell sinkers and pyramids in
4 different sizes - does not take long to make new ones and easy to sell if you ask below store prices :icon_thumright:
most from last year - and I did not get out that much
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552727.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552726.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552725.html

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the square tub - can not even budge
most of the jugs weigh about 50 lbs each
DSC00227.JPG DSC00243.jpg

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
years ago I had a tag sale (yard sale) and I put out a box of good sinkers - like 10 cents for small ones and 25c for larger
all sold - and I had box of lures I cleaned and replaced hooks and sold for like $1 a piece - think made like $50+
Ive saved most now since 2000 - I easily have over 400 lbs in sinkers and like 3 shoe boxes full of lures - if I ever
retire - figure I can take time to clean them and sell them - bad sinkers I can remelt and make new ones if I want and
get more money - I used to salt water fish a lot yrs ago and have molds already for bell sinkers and pyramids in
4 different sizes - does not take long to make new ones and easy to sell if you ask below store prices :icon_thumright:
most from last year - and I did not get out that much
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552727.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552726.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4878-picture1552725.html
Wow man that's awesome that's a lot of lead that's so cool you make money of it...:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
long ago - used to melt them down and make musketballs for blackpowder
then melted found ones -along with any other scrap lead found and make new sinker to use and sell
then I melted to make weights for dive belts which I also have mold for
I know lot of guys that just throw them away - some will give to fishermen when they leave the beach
one guy said he had a spot way out at low tide that he wuld bury them - he said if I ever go to "his"
beach and get a huge man hole cover signal way out at low tide - that its probably his cache of sinkers

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first pick far right lure - is blue and chrome Kastmaster lure with feathered hook - they sell for round 7.99
could probably easily get half that to a guy on the beach - so it can pay to save them
what bothers me is I hit a lot of fishing areas that used to be swimming areas - many guys wont cause they don't want to dig this stuff
but ive gotten a lot of old gold in these areas
but the two spots I got this stuff from are swimming spots that they fish at - I'm sure a few people have found them the bad way
over the yrs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread