Uscgdet

Greenie
Apr 15, 2018
North Bend OR
Detector(s) used
MXT, Tiger Shark Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday I went to a house that was built in 1924 and the first good target and hole I dug I ended up with a 1940 merc. And moments later about ten feet away I got a 1911 barber. I thought the streak was going to keep going but it pettered out. In the front yard I did manage to find my first Indian head which was a 1907 which was in pretty good shape. After I found them I showed the home owner and his wife loved the barber dime so it was donated to her for a good cause since they let me play in their yard. Today after I finished up with work I went looking for a new permission and found a house built in 1907. Didn't find anything in the whole yard until I had a nice 26 tone with my nox 600. And about 5 in down was a beautiful barber which was a 1908. The funny part was all I didn't even find a wheat penny in the whole yard. Then the last strip I was checking I found my first sterling spoon that I'm thinking is pretty early 1900. Maybe someone on here can chime in and let me know possibly how old it is. I can only hope every week I hunt is this good. Thanks for looking and good luck swinging.

IMG_1786.JPG IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0366.JPG

Upvote 22

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Those Barbers are a blast to find, seeing the silver edge, the "ONE DIME"...Kudos for being unselfish enough to give that Barber to the lady of the house...and then blessed with another! Good day digging..Ddf.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the spoon is easily the best find of your hunt ! I'm from Montana , never heard of Hillinee, can you ( or anybody) help with where Hillinee, Mont. is ? I believe the date is circa 1900 - this was the selling of the American West - to tourists from the East coast - so the stylized Indian Chiefs were all the rage .

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Argentium- Iโ€™m fairly certain it reads โ€œBillingsโ€.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very impressive batch of finds. I really like that "Billings" spoon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the old coins and very nice silver spoon! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful spoon.
Although I think Sterling Spoon Rings are cool to make,, that spoon should be left the way it is.
Congratulations on your finds.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds especially the spoon. A real beautiful keeper. :icon_thumleft:

Keep swingin.