20180623_104350.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 179

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was posted nearly 24 hours ago and has received only 15 replies? ??? I believe this find is off the chart regarding rarity. How often are Rev. War belt plates posted on T-Net? It's clearly banner worthy owing to its rarity and the condition is pretty good as well. You have my banner vote. I would send an e-mail to Troiani for some information, particularly and estimate of value. I believe such a find would be highly prized among collectors. If you do enquire, please consider posting his reply. Thank you and a big congrats! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any further details on the recovery of this find would be of interest. Not interested in further information about your location - just general details. Field recovery or woods? House site or just some random place? Perhaps you have no interest in making banner, but if you are, then details in a post is what members are interested in reading for both enjoyment and to learn. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was posted nearly 24 hours ago and has received only 15 replies? ??? I believe this find is off the chart regarding rarity. How often are Rev. War belt plates posted on T-Net? It's clearly banner worthy owing to its rarity and the condition is pretty good as well. You have my banner vote. I would send an e-mail to Troiani for some information, particularly and estimate of value. I believe such a find would be highly prized among collectors. If you do enquire, please consider posting his reply. Thank you and a big congrats! :icon_thumright:

May be deserving of banner but new member, first post disqualifies it. I save my banner votes most of the time for regular contributors to the site anyway that find items that I would really like to find

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trickli44

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2018
new york
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! There are at least 2-3 others known for this unit , I have one found at Yorktown which I bought from a relic hunter about 25 years ago. From Don Troiani

Upvote 0

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on an awesome recovery! Thanks for sharing. I would hit that area super hard. There should be a bunch of other neat finds. Keep posting and welcome aboard!

Upvote 0

Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New account or not, I'm submitting a banner vote. That plate is an exceptionally rare find, valuable in both a historical and a monetary context. Fantastic piece.

Upvote 0

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridiculous find! Near the top of my relic list! Very near!!!! I don’t care if you’re new or not. I’m going to cast a vote. How often do we see a Rev War plate

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trickli44

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2018
new york
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am... I emailed Don Troiani about the plate and that was some of his response ..silver tree chaser asked to let him know what he said

Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense and if he said it were rare, then you can bet on it. I voted banner regardless:occasion14:

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be deserving of banner but new member, first post disqualifies it. I save my banner votes most of the time for regular contributors to the site anyway that find items that I would really like to find

Toasted - I understand your point. It's a good point. I see that the OP has been a member since April, which I thought might qualify for banner votes, but the rules are 90 days. Rules are for reasons - good reasons that will likely prevent exceptions. Regardless of getting on banner, the finder should be over the moon with such an thrilling find.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread