Equinox or deus today ?

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Equinox it is as I have been having better luck with it . Off to the old park I go . Five minutes in a guy walks over and asks if I am having any luck . He then invites me over to his two 1870s lots where houses once were .He tells me it has been detected quite a bit but give it a go .

I detected for two hours and I do not think I will be picking the dues back up anytime soon . The weight of the Equinox is worth putting up with over digging crown caps and large deep rust . I can not believe how small that 1930s remington typewriter pin back is . Sterling silver and the 800 was all over it , finding it was another story . Nail after nail after nail , up and down re-scan the plug then the hole . I thought I was crazy but the signal was still there . Just as I was going to cover back up the hole in a small dirt clod right next to the plug she was .

After that it was nonstop action digging no junk and all goodies . Next dig the equinox proposed and I gladly excepted . 16k filled gold wedding band . Anyone know what makers mark a capital A with a box around it would be from ? Women's all brass belt buckle , a childs ponytail clip 47 rosie 20-24 buffs and a 1891 penny .Chuckie cheese even showed up .

I walked up to that guy with all those goodies and his eyes popped out of his head . He let me keep it all and I can return anytime with my magic wand . 1947.JPG buckle.JPG ring2.JPG

Upvote 22

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome assortment of finds from a site that has been hunted often before.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job 1942 merc! Keep posting finds from your hunted out . I should have mine on Tuesday and look forward to learning it. HH

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on the permission and congrats on all those nice finds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear, the first person to detect on the Moon will find a Chucky Cheese token! :laughing7: Those damn things are everywhere!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day of detecting!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>Five minutes in a guy walks over and asks if I am having any luck . He then invites me over to his two 1870s lots where houses once were

Where are these guys?!? Why don't I run into them???

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use one in each arm!

The dues has become the backup . I will take the dues over the permission to see what noxy missed .Last time I did this deus only found bottle caps and deep rust . This guy told me yesterday he has pulled three barber halfs and nine barber quarters of this place . I think the large silver is gone but all the trinkets and jewels are still there along with the IHP and buffs .

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. That's pretty good for a place that's been hit already. My 800 is due to be on my porch in the next 2 weeks. I've only been waiting since March !

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fabulous treasures pulled up from non-virgin ground! Good for you.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, congratulations them Buffs is pretty!

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took both detectors back with me and started out with the equinox first . The guy takes me over to a spot and tells me this is where I found all those barbers . I start to work the area and bam 1888 IHP then a 1905 right away . The next dig is super shallow and a 45 wheat , when I set my pointer down it beeped so I dug with my finger and out pops a little badge that says job's daughters on it . I thought cool , pointer beeps again half of copper rivet and again other half of the rivet and again and this time it is the other half of the girls masonic book mark . Heck yeah . Go pointer .

I then hit a big ole rusty lock with a swing door and has J&N on the door . I set the equinox down and pick up the dues . I use pitch and the sifter program and deus fast using every frequency but the lowest and nothing . I then hit what I think is a deep coin . It is right where I found the first IHP with the equinox . I dig and dig and dig . It is sounding good and looking like , A rusty top to an old 1900 coin bank . I think this explains all those barbers and IHP . Someone put their coin bank in the ground and forgot where they put it . I am thinking at some point maybe when the houses were pushed in a loader broke the back and spread the coins out .The deus found deep rust again but at least this time it was coin related . bank.JPG masonic.JPG j&n lock.JPG

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dues has become the backup . I will take the dues over the permission to see what noxy missed .Last time I did this deus only found bottle caps and deep rust . This guy told me yesterday he has pulled three barber halfs and nine barber quarters of this place . I think the large silver is gone but all the trinkets and jewels are still there along with the IHP and buffs .
Really. OK.

PS. Its all in the details, & I see none.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread