Indian Head and 1930s game token both on the surface!

Iggyks

May 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking another shot at a former home site permission I've detected several times prior. Found some old coins in the front yard before but nada in the back. A ton of iron interference back there, but today I tried to discern better sounding signals on my Tesoro Mojave. Went to dig a plug and saw what appeared to be a crusty nickel on the surface, and a few minutes later an 1899 IH penny on the surface as well. . The cleaner side of the token reads "Awarded For Skill" and "Property of machine." Other side apparently says "Good for one free game." Don't know if it was actually from some 'skill' game or maybe was from a not-quite-legal gambling game and they were trying to make it sound legit. Also found the crustiest wheat penny ever for me today, I can only see the O of One and C of Cent on back; it was a couple inches down. Thought I'd found a zincoln at first, but the newest coin found on this property was a 1942 wheat, which come to think of it was also on the surface. Lots of bare dirt under cedars so I think erosion is making the coins easy to find, nothing has been much over two inches.

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Upvote 11

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking IHP, well done!

OP
OP
I

Iggyks

May 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody! Idahotokens - I had misquoted what it said, thanks, fixed it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread