South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was invited to take a shot at fellow Tnet’er, HighVDI’s magic park along with Tnet’er Metal Headz early Saturday morning. I believe the park was originally a baseball field for a high school in the early 1900’s, then eventually turned into a soccer field, now sort of abandoned, but still mowed! High V has found over a dozen silver coins in this field.

The field is littered with clad, shallow mid tones (nickels, pennies, trash or maybe gold...) every 4 or 5 feet of swinging.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930690.221243.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930700.989100.jpg

Eventually followed High V’s advice and started only digging deep high tones.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930427.749769.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930453.988095.jpg
Best find was a 1935 GW. Also found a War Nickel and a couple wheats.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930523.192609.jpg
Huge appreciation for the invite from John. He is actually into the YouTube MDing thing lately and has over a dozen videos posted, check him out at Wash-PA-Diggers.

Also made it into the woods to a couple old sites this weekend. Of course, my obligatory handful of spoons, actually my first small iron spoon.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930926.021275.jpg
Still searching for my first silver spoon.

Here are the keepers for the weekend.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529930973.903093.jpg

The matchbox car is a Mighty Maverick from 1969 and are quite valuable if they are in good shape.... and in their original box...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529931011.460917.jpg

Note sure what the green thing is, but looked like an emerald coming out of the dirt.

Another Rosie brings my silver coin to wheat ratio to 16:35 FTY.

Good luck out there!

Upvote 31

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was nice to see you pull the shiny out of the old field this weekend Thad!

I got a couple parks in mind we could try out. I got the coin knife on video freshly after Lewis recovered it the weekend before. Need to put up a grand finale soccer field find video...grabbed another Rosey there this evening and some kind of medallion close to that shed where it's polluted with junk. Still more there...I got the feeling:laughing7:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds. Congrats on the silver and nice car find.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was nice to see you pull the shiny out of the old field this weekend Thad!

I got a couple parks in mind we could try out. I got the coin knife on video freshly after Lewis recovered it the weekend before. Need to put up a grand finale soccer field find video...grabbed another Rosey there this evening and some kind of medallion close to that shed where it's polluted with junk. Still more there...I got the feeling:laughing7:

Thx again John! Looking forward to your next video. I’ll text you a couple parkletts that look promising from my overlays.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, gotta love the silver and getting to hunt with people you meet on this forum. :icon_thumright:

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Louis! Seeing and holding your repaired 5 Franc coin knife was awesome. I’m up for some more park hunts if we can work out some promising sites. Nice to not have to battle the briars, ticks, mosquitoes and poison ivy for a change.

I agree, I'm going to try a very small park near my house after work today. I'm not expecting much but better than the woods for sure! Maybe we can find some small parks in neighborhoods along the old Mingotown Rd. Or do some door knocking like you suggested.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work. I hope you find more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread