Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

Got my Equinox 600 from Fort Bedford Detectors two weeks ago. Keith is very responsive and we handled the purchase over the phone. I recommend contacting him if you're in the market for a 600 model.

I've been using the Park2 mode. The unit is sensitive to EMI so there was one location I hunted recently where I had to turn the sensitivity down to bring the chatter to a reasonable level.

From a site I have personally hammered and has seen many coils run over it for years, here are the four keepers: a 1903 IHC, a 1929 Buff, an ornate brooch, and a silvered button.
DH post.jpg
I'm just getting started with this new unit but do like the wireless headphones. Being cordless in the woods is a real plus.

Cheers and happy hunting!

Upvote 25

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More proof this machine is the real deal. Congratulations!:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry. Will be using this week in the woods.
Going back in tomorrow early to retrieve a log dog I dug last Friday. Hope to put it through electrolysis.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds. There is haters out there but at the end of the day old spots are becoming new again.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds McCdig. My 800 just showed up this week, and I hope to get out and use it soon.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did rewardingly well. I'm keeping my eyes on the Equinox 800. I don't really need another machine but I like what I'm hearing about the Equinox series.
Congratulations on your finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the old coins and jewelry! :occasion14:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Washingtonian! The IHC and buff were dug from spots that I had gone over many times with the Fisher F-75. I have found many good targets with that unit but it may be that the Equinox can "hear" some of these targets in the presence of iron. I have seen an "airtest" demo which showed that exactly.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ken! Those targets came from either side of the sidewalk I was working the day you and I went to Druid Hill Park.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks HighVDI! I am finding that lead roundballs come in as a mid-tone 12 to 15 on the scale and repeatable in both directions. My limited experience tells me you're right about the Equinox being able to detect targets that may have been masked to other detectors.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Trezurehunter! We had an 800 and 600 out in the field on Friday. We each had a similar number of finds. I got the only button but my hunting buddy got a wiped LC and a shield nckel. I dug a wiped copper that rang up as 22. We both dug roundballs, modern bullets, and shotgun bases.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Washingtonian! The IHC and buff were dug from spots that I had gone over many times with the Fisher F-75. I have found many good targets with that unit but it may be that the Equinox can "hear" some of these targets in the presence of iron. I have seen an "airtest" demo which showed that exactly.

That is awesome. That place is unbelievable..

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hawks88! It was a good hunt and we didn't run into the park rangers, just the occassional mountain biker. Not many venture into the woods on a summer day with temps in the 90s.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx ATW! I'm with you. This is my third detector in five years. It is the least expensive of the three.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! That brooch was all folded over on itself, so much so that I wasn't certain what is was. Bent into shape without breaking. The coins are a little rough, particularly the buff. I'm super-pleased with the button and consider that the "find-of-the-day".

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks HighVDI! I am finding that lead roundballs come in as a mid-tone 12 to 15 on the scale and repeatable in both directions. My limited experience tells me you're right about the Equinox being able to detect targets that may have been masked to other detectors.

Sure seems to be the case. I also have an F75 with coils small to big and my spots were new again with my 800. It's killer on handicapped/deeper silver too. I'm not bashing the f75. It's a great detector and was a beast for its day but you can't beat technology sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions