First Gold, and a diamond ring at that(with pic!)

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Hey everyone, got some time to metal detect after work today.? I have only been detecting for a little over a month, and have found a total of 7 rings, 5 which were cosmetic, this new gold one, and the silver one in my previous post here entitled: "hilarious find" http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,8973.0.html.? Luckily for me, the park that I was going to hunt had a bunch of people in it playing baseball and such (and like most of you, I prefer not to be bothered while metal detecting), so I went to a park that I have been to once before that is amazingly pretty trash free.? The trash that I usually find there are very few poptops, shredded pieces of aluminum, and a few beer tabs.? I actually found more clad and this ring today than I did trash!? In this park I have found several pieces of clad, and oddly enough different caliber bullet casings.? I believe it is a relatively new park (probably about 10 years old or less), hence the absence of alot of trash.? I have a friend that has a cheap metal detector that told me he has found 3 valuable rings there, so I decided to give it a go with my dfx.? My heart almost stopped when I saw that it was a black hills gold diamond ring size 6.? Almost wants to make me quit my job to go metal detecting permanently lol.? It showed up as foil/ring (I always dig foil/ring by the way), and was almost 6 inches down!? I do alot of traveling in my job, as I work for a healthcare facility fixing computers and networks, and have seen several very promising looking sites while traveling.? I will keep the pics coming when I find some good stuff at them!? Just have to get permission first :o(.? Anyways, I'll quit rambling, I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I did finding it.

Enjoy,
Loren Farrar
founder http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• blackhillsgoldring.jpg
    blackhillsgoldring.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Re: First Gold, and a diamond ring at that!

Sounds like local school. built about 25 yrs ago. no pull tabs !!!! when detector beeps its 90 % chance it is clad . I can only hunt for about two hrs because of pain from back injury, but always find at least $8.00 and have found several rings..all kinds of gadgets . never see anyone else looking !

R

rvbvetter

Beautiful ring find!! Your definitly starting out right. It's funny, how after getting the detecting bug. There after, during your travels, your eyes are forever scouring the land scape for good detecting oppurtunities. HH

F

Floater

WOW. That is terrific. I guess you never know regardless of how old an area is. They would have had to hook up a Defib just to get me back to slightly off kilter if I found it. LOL HH.

AU79

Apr 24, 2004
Nice find, I have found 4 silver rings so far this year, all at the beach. Looking forward to the Diamond, By the way my mothers maiden name is Farrar, her family is from warrenton VA.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
congrats on a beautiful ring. I think that is what makes detecting so interesting is that you never know what is going to come up next. Keep us posted on your finds
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread