Bingo! On the board with silver for July.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all,

I'm in Island County, WA for a long weekend and have been doing lots of hunting. I've tried an old marina, the site of a lost, old pier, the beach by the old ferry landing. I came up empty handed for oldies at all those sites.

After another whiff this morning I was thinking about calling it quits. I returned to the site of an old ballfield where my brother and I have done well in the past. I decided to keep going for a little while longer. Super glad I did.

I found a portion where some plants were removed since I was last there. Wasn't too long before I scored some silver! I nabbed a couple Mercs and then got a weird signal. I was surprised to get a half dollar. A kid watching me dig yelled, "chocolate coin!" haha. Pretty close. It's a 67 Kennedy and the tint turned gold underground. It's my first silver Kennedy. Funny thing is I was just telling my brother a couple days ago that I thought finding a silver Kennedy would be pretty neat.

Here are the pics:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530990499.907968.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530990511.904527.jpg

The tally:
-1 Kennedy (67)
-2 Mercs (20 and 37)
-3 Wheats (all common dates)

Hoping to get out for a little with Echoplex tomorrow. Hopefully more to report then!

Good luck all,
-W

Upvote 22

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well weโ€™ll well washingtonian with the BIG silver!!!! I know that felt great rescuing that Kennedy. Another โœ”๏ธ off the bucket list. Congratulations my friend nothing like multi silver which I know nothing about. Well done.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers and congrats on your first silver Kennedy.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Silver,s โ€ฆ.. Nice.... When I slow down, you pick up the pace, good for you... I only got a Rosie yesterday, have to get something else before I post.. haha

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score!!!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Well weโ€™ll well washingtonian with the BIG silver!!!! I know that felt great rescuing that Kennedy. Another [emoji818]๏ธ off the bucket list. Congratulations my friend nothing like multi silver which I know nothing about. Well done.

Thanks T, always fun to check one off the list you don't have yet. I've still yet to find a walker, hopefully sometime this year!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done my man! Those 40% Kennedys are tough to find. Congrats on that, and the other silvers. You are on fire this year.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a nice spot to hunt, and you pulled some excellent finds - congrats! :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds that's a good day in my book

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread