digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Been so dang hot, I haven't got out much. Decided to hit the baseball/playground area's at the school I work at. Dates back to the late 1800's, and found an aerial from '39 showing a few houses that used to be there. Started early 3 a.m. and hunted till about 6. I have been working here for 5 years, and could have bet the bank, that a certain detectorist from the next town over, who has hit just about every inch of ground in the county, had already hit this area. Seems I was wrong:laughing7:.

DSCF2071.jpg

Notable's: 1911 Wheat, no date Wheat, '42 nickel (no MM) and the '34 GW.

Didn't use any kind of light, including the display. That'll blind you with the 600. First time the light on the Carrot came in handy!

Enjoyed hunting in the dark. Special feeling when you find target's in pitch black!:laughing7:

Thanks for looking! HH

Upvote 25

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a lot of nice coins. Not bad for hunting in the dark. Congrats on your finds.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nighttime hunt was very productive. Others who hunted there must have used radio shack detectors.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been so dang hot, I haven't got out much. Decided to hit the baseball/playground area's at the school I work at. Dates back to the late 1800's, and found an aerial from '39 showing a few houses that used to be there. Started early 3 a.m. and hunted till about 6. I have been working here for 5 years, and could have bet the bank, that a certain detectorist from the next town over, who has hit just about every inch of ground in the county, had already hit this area. Seems I was wrong:laughing7:.

View attachment 1609605

Notable's: 1911 Wheat, no date Wheat, '42 nickel (no MM) and the '34 GW.

Didn't use any kind of light, including the display. That'll blind you with the 600. First time the light on the Carrot came in handy!

Enjoyed hunting in the dark. Special feeling when you find target's in pitch black!:laughing7:

Thanks for looking! HH

Great finds! I love nighttime hunting. Ive hunted a few beaches where the street lights gave me just enough light to see where I was going.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Very nice hunt! Nothing wrong with beating the heat by going at night.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early bird gets the worm or in this case the treasure!!!!:skullflag:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Nice score. Some of our night time lows have been in low 80's. Guy still break a sweat but good idea. Good luck.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not occurred to me to hunt at night, but it would definitely be more comfortable from a heat perspective. Thanks for the idea, and for sharing your adventure and finds. Cheers mate! :occasion14:

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That nighttime hunt was very productive. Others who hunted there must have used radio shack detectors.
Hey 10 years ago when I was a newbie, I thought Radio Shack was where I was supposed to go. They didn't have any so I bought one at Big Lots, haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions