Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday at work the Grandeur of the Seas was due in for it's second time this cruise season. I did the initial pier sweep and while doing so came across two five dollar bills. Lunch money. Who needs a detector!

Late start today after housework and picking Marie up from work. Was another scorcher. Decided to do area around a lake. Parking lot was vacant but right along the end was a pink hard shelled change purse. Opened it up slowly.... inside were 2 fives and 17 coins for a total of $14.30 which will be added to the "Going back to England Fund."
wv34ep.jpg

The "Quota Guru" (my oldest machine of which I cannot speak it's manufacturer name and hence forth will be referred to as Quota Guru) was humming while my knees were cracking with the heat rising.

After a few coins went aquatic with the "Orca" ( whose manufacturers name cannot be spoken and henceforth will be called Orca) came out of the trunk and the Quota Guru was deposited along with "Zen." ( whose manufacturers name cannot be spoken and from henceforth will be known as Zen as it has been back for repairs 5 times testing my resolve). One of the first aquatic finds was a nifty pin which says it all.

3 under quota for the brief outing with a total $20.99.
mm5t2t.jpg

Speaking of attitude guess I'm being kind of lunk headed about the hat issue but on the flip side I applied for my Canadian Old Age pension the other day which you can do up to 11 months before you turn 65.Now if I forget to apply for it it doesn't matter. Thus I can claim my tantrum on old age, 2nd childhood or just one who sticks to the principle regarding detector brand loyalty.

Upvote 18
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see lots of filthy and damn dirty pennies posted, but rarely any serious folding money. Congrats to you, sir, on a grand coup.

I am also sorry to hear about your knees. You know how the old saying goes: "first the knees go, then the five senses go, and then the mind goes". Happy hunting!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a good day I want to go to England

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread