My first silver... but I'm rather grumpy about it.

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to work today so I couldn't get out... to many errands and work to take up time. So you're like... so why are you here? I'm walking back from work tonight... and I get a rock in my tread... happens sometimes not a biggie but it's a pain in the arse cause I get this little grindy feeling when I walk. So I pause under a street lamp and look at my tread... it's not a rock... it's a dime. Ok... still not really interesting... I can't tell anything about it other than it's a dime and a bit scuffed. So I get home, kiss the wife, chat a bit then slide down here to my work desk... a 1959 dime... silver (mostly) and in pretty darned good shape for having my shoe dragging it around. So not entirely the proper way to go about finding one but I'm happy cause now i've got a signal to listen to and figure out for when next I'm out on the roadside checking out grassy spots. Ya never know.

Upvote 21

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laughing.gif
And all that money you spent on MD's!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That was meant to be found by you!
HH
dts

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice silver and you didn’t even have to dig it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool post how crazy is that

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why so grumpy?

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Treblehunter... why so grumpy? Cause it's the thrill of hunting through the earth... listening to the tone and wondering if this warble or grunt or whatever will be what you're looking for... having a bump in my gait is hardly a dignified way to find my first silver. Mind you... I'm not dissing the results... I'm kinda happy to have the tone come into my library down the road but I'd rather have sussed it out of the ground than out of my foot.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a sign to take the detector out Asap!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The moral of the story is: If you look into your sole, you may find silver.

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found it, that's all that matters.

Roccobull

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely need to buy a pair of shoes similar to yours.... or even better create shoes with metal detectors for bottoms so wherever you go you have a chance of getting some cool finds!

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My shoes are nothing special... what works well with them is some sort of black tar or asphalt in the treads that causes things to adhere. Sorry should have included that but didn't really notice it till I went back to get the shoes to do a photographic dramatic reenactment. Now I'm cleaning my treads and the floor cause I tracked crap in and my wife is not a fan of that kind of muss.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Treblehunter... why so grumpy? Cause it's the thrill of hunting through the earth... listening to the tone and wondering if this warble or grunt or whatever will be what you're looking for... having a bump in my gait is hardly a dignified way to find my first silver. Mind you... I'm not dissing the results... I'm kinda happy to have the tone come into my library down the road but I'd rather have sussed it out of the ground than out of my foot.
I can see where your coming from, I have had zero gold found by detecting, just goodwill and two rings found by sifting sand.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still an awesome story, my daughter has found silver in a coinstar because I was slowed down pushing a cart and they beat me to it. She is 6.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what does your diet consist of? I wonder how what you are eating is making silver come to you.....even to the bottom of your sole....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread