There are 2 stories and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
OK, for those of you who haven't read Mastereagles take on our hunt, here it is (Baloney I tell ya):

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,109179.0.html

Here is what really happened:

Mastereagle was so excited about going to this house that he peed his pants at work.
He would do a "Cramer-like" slide into my office about a hundred times before the hunt chattering on and on about "he couldn't wait until tonight" and "boy, I have a good feeling about this". I was simply "feeling" like I wanted to finish my work.

The time actually arrived and we met at the house we were hunting. I pulled up as I had instructed him to do and parked on a side driveway. He drove up and instead of parking next to me, he cuts a maneuver and parks right in the middle of the driveway. He leaps out of the car and starts getting dressed like someones husband is coming. He's then off like Teddy Roosevelt getting ready to take the hill. He starts talking and doesn't stop the entire time we are there.

As we made our way out from the drain pipes in the ground that compromised some of our time, we found a signal and started to dig. Just then, a car comes pulling in like the fellow is "ready for business". You got it, Missouri John!! He takes two steps (to a usual man's one) and closes the distance in a flash. I know I have permission to be here and feel bad if he is looking for a confrontation. By this time, Mastereagle is weeping uncontrollably and trying to hide. It's shameful. Fortunate for Missouri John, ME22 has forgotten one thing in his legion of detecting gear...............a gun.

I explain to ME22 that John is nothing to fear and he comes out from under the car. We threw cheese to him so he would come out. John took us to school and found a round ball shot that was in good shape. He added it to the growing collection he had in his trunk. This place has been absolutely hammered! Here is what I found:

100_3586a.JPG

Hey Missouri John! Is this your headphone thing, I found it on the hill.

100_3587.jpg

We tired of our relic hunt and took off to a local school to hunt some clad. Mastereagle dug up about a 1/4 mile of copper flashing or drain pipe that was about 6" in the ground. I looked over and he was pulling and pulling and I didn't know wether to run or try and help him. He finally covered the hole and went about penny shooting again. I think he has just about payed for his Explorer. ;D

Here is what I found at the school. This area does have some Civil War history as well. Every once in awhile someone will find a bullet etc, but it has been hunted hard too. Stay tuned for more adventures of Baldingboy, Mastereagle22 and Missouri John (?).

100_3578.jpg

100_3581.jpg

100_3580.jpg

100_3583.jpg

Is this civil war?

100_3593.jpg

What the heck is this? Notice the pattern on it?

100_3592.jpg

Interesting...coal?

100_3585.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
plehbah said:
Now you can bribe John to take you to the REAL spot where he has been digging. Just out of curiosity, what sorts of artifacts are other hunters recovering at this property? Maybe you could post a Google Earth aerial pic of it for us to look at? With the coordinates blocked out of course.......

I am intrigued by your site and wish to live vicariously..........

I will try to get one posted.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy said:
OK, for those of you who haven't read Mastereagles take on our hunt, here it is (Baloney I tell ya):

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,109179.0.html

Here is what really happened:

Mastereagle was so excited about going to this house that he peed his pants at work.
He would do a "Cramer-like" slide into my office about a hundred times before the hunt chattering on and on about "he couldn't wait until tonight" and "boy, I have a good feeling about this". I was simply "feeling" like I wanted to finish my work.

The time actually arrived and we met at the house we were hunting. I pulled up as I had instructed him to do and parked on a side driveway. He drove up and instead of parking next to me, he cuts a maneuver and parks right in the middle of the driveway. He leaps out of the car and starts getting dressed like someones husband is coming. He's then off like Teddy Roosevelt getting ready to take the hill. He starts talking and doesn't stop the entire time we are there.

As we made our way out from the drain pipes in the ground that compromised some of our time, we found a signal and started to dig. Just then, a car comes pulling in like the fellow is "ready for business". You got it, Missouri John!! He takes two steps (to a usual man's one) and closes the distance in a flash. I know I have permission to be here and feel bad if he is looking for a confrontation. By this time, Mastereagle is weeping uncontrollably and trying to hide. It's shameful. Fortunate for Missouri John, ME22 has forgotten one thing in his legion of detecting gear...............a gun.

I explain to ME22 that John is nothing to fear and he comes out from under the car. We threw cheese to him so he would come out. John took us to school and found a round ball shot that was in good shape. He added it to the growing collection he had in his trunk. This place has been absolutely hammered! Here is what I found:

We tired of our relic hunt and took off to a local school to hunt some clad. Mastereagle dug up about a 1/4 mile of copper flashing or drain pipe that was about 6" in the ground. I looked over and he was pulling and pulling and I didn't know wether to run or try and help him. He finally covered the hole and went about penny shooting again. I think he has just about payed for his Explorer. ;D

Here is what I found at the school. This area does have some Civil War history as well. Every once in awhile someone will find a bullet etc, but it has been hunted hard too. Stay tuned for more adventures of Baldingboy, Mastereagle22 and Missouri John (?).

Well I have sad news everyone, BB has finally lost all contact with reality and as we speak the men with the special white vest and padded ambulance are on the way to get him and take him where he will be safe! ;D I knew he was delusional, just didn't realize how far out he is! ;D

I would say BB was the one doing the sliding but he moves like a sloth so he CAN'T even approach the necessary velocity to generate a slide! ;D :D I didn't wet my pants and the only funny retort I could come up with would offend continently challenged individuals so I will hold my water on that one! ;) :D :D

Actually the day BEFORE the hunt when BB was on-site "working" he kept telling me how stoked he was and how he couldn't wait to go find enough stuff that he would need to rent a U-haul trailer, I was having a bad day. And I did warn him that the place had been hunted hard, but as usual all he heard was blah blah blah, Hey BB they have drugs for that condition now, it's called Ritilin! ;D

As usual, BB parked his "Tank" of a truck crossways in three parking spots so I wouldn't have anywhere to park! M_J will vouch for me that I parked off the side of the drive, because he parked right behind me. As for getting dressed quickly I am efficient, and I have never had anyone's husband come after me, okay one time when I was eighteen but that isn't a story for this forum. :D As for taking the hill and talking I was talking to myself because I got a signal and dug it and when I looked up I was all alone, no sign of BB or M_J. When I topped the hill they were sitting there smoking cigarettes laughing at "poor ME22, he doesn't have a clue where we went," Duh, Hello I'm standing right behind you and you are both in the middle of an open field the size of two football fields. ::)

As for the weeping and crying and crawling under cars and begging for mercy and sniveling like a school girl, BB I wasn't going to tell them any of that, but you force me to admit that you in fact did all of those and more! ;D :D ;D :D Who says I don't carry a gun? ??? I don't carry a gun, that you have seen maybe ???

When M_J brought out his impressive collection BB broke down and cried because he just can't find anything like that, come to think of it neither can ME22. :( And then BB tried to buy all the items in M_J's collection so he could post it on this forum as his finds. ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

AS for the drain pipe, what can I say, it was made out of copper and had to be worth several dollars in scrap value, it isn't doing anybody any good in the ground. And when I asked to use your tank to help me pull it out you refused. Some friend you are. :D What about the hole the size of a manhole cover you dug next to the sidewalk only to have to ask me to come over with the Beast and help you find the dime laying right on top of the ground next to the hole? And they say Whites machines go deep! ;D :D ;D :D (this is a joke, no offense meant to ANY whites users, I like BBs XLT now that he put it together properly and it doesn't feel like it is going to fall apart with every swing). ;D Two words BB, nuts & bolts!

As for the total clad count BB is ashamed because for the FIRST TIME SINCE WE HAVE HUNTED together my clad count total smoked his. I found 1 quarter, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, and 8 pennies, one more penny than him but I found one of the pennies at the CW site and not the school. He found a few dimes, some pennies but no quarters. And right now most of you are like, "and he is bragging about that?" But hey I take my wins where I can get them! :) But I really like the little curvy thing he found it is cool! 8)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two ...I mean three are a blast. ;D ;D

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
I knew your "take" on the event would be totally different. :D It is like you and mastereagle are one person, but with some personality disorder. :D You guys crack me up!

Keep up the hunts! Wilver is in your future!

NC_Horn

Mar 17, 2005
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Silver Eagle
WHAT A HOOT!!!!! - some of the best stories on the net - and they are FREE!!! Keep up the post guys, we all love the read!

HH

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
You two have too much fun! I'm not sure if you have more fun detecting or telling your FISH stories. Next time we want pictures for proof. :D I could just imagine how the story could go with evidence. Thanks for having everyone think I'm nuts sitting here laughing by myself :D.

I do like the cool curvy thingy!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[quote/]
When M_J brought out his impressive collection BB broke down and cried because he just can't find anything like that, come to think of it neither can ME22. :( And then BB tried to buy all the items in M_J's collection so he could post it on this forum as his finds. ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D Rolling off into the floor of my office laughing my Ar$e off. I swear, you boys are too funny! Ya'll might not always find the relics, but you do always give us a "Gem" in the form of your hunting tells. It is like listening to "Paul Harvey" and now we know "THE REST OF THE STORY" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D You two are tooo much! :D I just knew there had to be another side to the story! ;)

Nana ;D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I'm still laughing, that story or stories, is hilarious! I don't think I'd give him Ritilin though, you would really get him wound up. Way to go guys!

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Lol, you guys are the wackiest detectorists i've met in my whole life. If there was ever a standup comedy club for TH'ers, you guys would have a gig. Oh, i think that headphone jack belongs to someone i met there that "disappeared" into the brush when they got too close to me. Dont worry, i dont think the brush gnomes will bother you guys too much

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I always carry snacks to feed to the brush gnomes, they like Hersheys Bars and Lite beer, any kind as long as it is lite beer. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread