River Hunt

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight and Monday I was able to get out into the local river, site of a burned down mill and the oldest bridge in town. I've snorkled there before and found sections of what is either flooring from the old mill or part of the old wooden bridge. Removing the big rocks and fanning the sediment I've been able to find coins and tokens there. Tonight I took out the AT Pro and found some copper wire scrap, a lock, horseshoe (Found that Monday night), and two big sheets of lead, first is just a large square sheet of lead. The second however is smaller and has TIE and underneath what appears to be 1542, also has a hole at the bottom for what I assume is to attach it to something. 20180719_213154.jpg 20180719_213236.jpg

Upvote 8
OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.No unfortunately it is too small and light to be an anchor

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you were in a river, it could be a makeshift fishing weight ?

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be, but I think it's some sort of seal.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Bet there's a ton more there. Good Luck and be careful in the river...

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, this section of river has a decent current, it was just shallow enough for me to use the snorkel without having to come up for air all the time. The entire time I was fanning out sediment these whole hand sized bluegill and big bass were hanging out behind me nipping at my dang feet, kept scaring the heck out of me, you would hear them chomping underwater. It's a good spot, I only hit like a 10 foot radius on this trip and that's what I came out with(way more bridge to cover). I'll take a photo of the old bridge section the next time I go, it's pretty cool.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Maybe it was attached to a bridge/railroad "tie" and corresponds to a certain numbered tie when manufactured?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds be careful of glass im meeting steve sd51 sat at arb are you in old indian trail ish ares

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions