The day I have been waiting for

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 10 year old son came to me today and asked if he could try one of my metal detectors, I told him sure. He got my DFX out and poor little guy could barely hold it, let alone swing it. I showed him how to use it, how to pinpoint and how to dig his target and left him to experiment on his own. He spent 30 minutes in the yard and only found a few pieces of can slaw. I told him to get in the car and I would take him somewhere he could find something. We headed to his elementary school playground and he detected for 15 minutes before we got rained out. He found 3 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime and 1 quarter then he gets a solid 10 on the VID, turned out he got his first ring. Made me so happy that he enjoyed himself. every time we have gone detecting he always headed straight for the playground and never took interest. He said he wants his own detector now so I will be in the market for something lighter than a DFX for him.

Attachments

• chandetect.jpg
    chandetect.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 93
  • chanfinds.jpg
    chanfinds.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 74
  • chanfinger.jpg
    chanfinger.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 71
  • chanring.jpg
    chanring.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 30

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just nothing better!

Maybe...collapse that shaft as much as possible? It's all about balance. Short arms, short detector, easier to swing.

Congrats! To both!

Last edited:

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! I got my grandson a Tesoro Compadre and he can manage it and he just turned six and is small for his age. He can't swing it very long without resting but he does well. I got him the smaller coil Compadre. I think it's great to get kids involved in this great hobby. And once they find something, just like us, they're hooked.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect ring for a 10 year old boy! Way cool! You are a lucky dad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions