First Hunt in Two Weeks - Silver x4!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all,

Between taking high schoolers to summer camp, working and wedding planning (only 4 weeks out!) I haven't had time to detect. I set today aside for some hunting, glad I did.

Echoplex and I met at a beach that has treated us well this summer. After and hour and a half we decided there is just hardly anything left to find and decided we'll wait to revisit it until next year.

We went our separate ways and I headed to the sidewalk strips around a teardown that has been catching my eye for more than a month. It was a bit slow going at first but I ended up landing 6 Wheats and a Merc there. Not too shabby!

Next I went to the sidewalk strips outside a neighbor's house. I talked to him earlier this week and he said he'd be fine with me metal detecting the strips. Well, first thing I noticed after unloading my gear are some recent plugs. Hard to tell how old they are, maybe a week or two. "Well" I'm thinking, "I hope I'm a better detectorist than whoever was here before."

My first signal was an Indian head penny. That was definitely a good sign. My third signal I'm scraping dirt at 4 inches and I see a big silver surface in the hole. It's a barber Quarter! Wow. You don't see those often around here.

I managed to find another Merc, a war nickel and several more wheats. I guess the last detectorist either isn't that skilled or isn't that thorough. Fine by me!

Here are the goods
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532205936.525654.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532205947.893697.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532205956.385366.jpg

The tally:
-1 Barber Quarter (1896)
-2 Mercury Dimes (1917-S, 1945-S)
-1 War Nickel (1942-S)
-1 Indian Head Penny (1895)
-10 Wheats (1909 and 1920-S are the only worth mentioning)

Thanks for looking and happy hunting all!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 27

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread