I can’t believe I got another one!! Beautiful Bust and more!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys I got another one and she’s beautiful!! A 1834 Half Bust Half Dime. This 800 Park 1 really loves the small silver I must say. This property has been detected for 15 years by a buddy of mine with a E trac and he’s found everything but halves. This is my 3rd half, 2 half dimes and a half real. I also found 3 buttons one not sure what it’s made of, a buckle, a pistol bullet and some lead. Anyone who knows more than me one any of these please educate this ol’ redneck. Thanks for all the support that keeps me going. [emoji1317]
IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 79
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When is my trip down there to visit you again? Haha. Great job T!

Come on washingtonian we’re having a great crawfish season and the silver is popping. However being from Seattle this humid 107 heat may kill you with the 70’s summer days y’all have.

Thinking about it I think you really WOULD die. Come in the winter when WE’RE in the 70’s everyday:)))

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're finding some pretty sexy coinage down there, congrats. Keep it up.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I see that small silver I put it immediately in my mouth. I love getting busted in the mouth :)) Thanks ddf

Hey Truth! Congratulations on your finds :)

Now, I have a tumbler, an ultrasonic tank, and the setup for electrolysis....

Yet you introduce the prospect of "mouth cleaning"?

I should have thought of that before buying these other gizmos :BangHead:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, you are killing it! Congrats on the awesome BUST!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow congrats on the nice silver coin find:icon_thumleft:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! thats awesome! Some day... in this lifetime, i want to find a half dime! Very high on my list of wants.:icon_thumright:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys I got another one and she’s beautiful!! A 1834 Half Bust Half Dime. This 800 Park 1 really loves the small silver I must say. This property has been detected for 15 years by a buddy of mine with a E trac and he’s found everything but halves. This is my 3rd half, 2 half dimes and a half real. I also found 3 buttons one not sure what it’s made of, a buckle, a pistol bullet and some lead. Anyone who knows more than me one any of these please educate this ol’ redneck. Thanks for all the support that keeps me going. [emoji1317]
View attachment 1614689 View attachment 1614690 View attachment 1614691 View attachment 1614692 View attachment 1614693 View attachment 1614694

WTG
Man! yr doing great , that's 1 more Capped Bust Half dime than I have dug in almost 20 years, Nice pistol bullet. (just yesterday you found your first 3 ringer) lol.

I have not read the thread yet (about to ) but "Maybe" your button was made from a Indian Head or Flying Eagle Cent?

Great Work Truth I was proud now I'm getting envious LOL. For real glad for ya Bud.:icon_thumleft:

edit ...After some thought , I have dug 2 CH Half Dimes , one has a nice Square hole punched in it, the other was NICE!

BTW they all come from the same area like yours.

I plan on going back there after school starts (Aug 1st) but 22 bullets have gotten hard to come by there , also 'Bet' you feel you know that park like a friend., soon you will join Green Peace. LOL

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Hawk I got out the iron patch and went in the open field. Put on the 11” inch Park 1 sensitivity 4 and hit a 21 vdi amongst all other numbers and went to digging. It doesn’t take a solid hit for me to start digging. It’s a instantaneous reaction when I’m in the zone. Lol

It usually takes an hour or so for me to get in 'the zone' where time fly's & the signals make more sense.

In a park it's harder for me tho.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Truth! Congratulations on your finds :)

Now, I have a tumbler, an ultrasonic tank, and the setup for electrolysis....

Yet you introduce the prospect of "mouth cleaning"?

I should have thought of that before buying these other gizmos :BangHead:

Each method has it's benefits , Truth is smart enough not to put Horse Shoes in his mouth , I hope. ...My i'm sarcastic today.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG! thats awesome! Some day... in this lifetime, i want to find a half dime! Very high on my list of wants.:icon_thumright:

Ammoman I have faith that you’ll find exactly what you will one day just never stop and I think you and your son are on that path I truly have that feeling. This is something I never ever ever thought would happen. I thought I would never be on a piece of property that had that much history and if some God sense I was, finding 3 half dimes a a half real was a million to one. Remember I was a 1880’s old park hunter who found my share of great things, but my bucket list was a Seated Dime for 4 years and I found 1 (which I’m wearing around my neck) 2 weeks before they changed the rules to No Detecting. So not having my honey hole to drink from anymore I had to break out of my comfort zone and stumbled into a permission of a lifetime. This hobby has enriched my life more than any career success that I’ve been bless to have. I work less, make less, don’t need everything like I thought I did and am happier today then I’ve ever been. God, Happy Wife, good job, bills paid, good food, luck and DETECTING every chance I get no matter what. Success :)))

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG
Man! yr doing great , that's 1 more Capped Bust Half dime than I have dug in almost 20 years, Nice pistol bullet. (just yesterday you found your first 3 ringer) lol.

I have not read the thread yet (about to ) but "Maybe" your button was made from a Indian Head or Flying Eagle Cent?

Great Work Truth I was proud now I'm getting envious LOL. For real glad for ya Bud.:icon_thumleft:

edit ...After some thought , I have dug 2 CH Half Dimes , one has a nice Square hole punched in it, the other was NICE!

BTW they all come from the same area like yours.

I plan on going back there after school starts (Aug 1st) but 22 bullets have gotten hard to come by there , also 'Bet' you feel you know that park like a friend., soon you will join Green Peace. LOL

The park is over new rule “No Detecting” but what I’ve realized is that just opened up the opportunity I find things I would’ve never found at that park. The park was a hour away this permission is 5 minuets away and big enough with tons of history that I have the opportunity to hunt it for a long long time. They did me a HUGE favor :))

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It usually takes an hour or so for me to get in 'the zone' where time fly's & the signals make more sense.

In a park it's harder for me tho.

If you can be successful in a public park you can detect and out detect many on permissions. City Park was like 4 years of hard but successful training and now I have the best job. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread