I can’t believe I got another one!! Beautiful Bust and more!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys I got another one and she’s beautiful!! A 1834 Half Bust Half Dime. This 800 Park 1 really loves the small silver I must say. This property has been detected for 15 years by a buddy of mine with a E trac and he’s found everything but halves. This is my 3rd half, 2 half dimes and a half real. I also found 3 buttons one not sure what it’s made of, a buckle, a pistol bullet and some lead. Anyone who knows more than me one any of these please educate this ol’ redneck. Thanks for all the support that keeps me going. [emoji1317]
IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 79

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a pretty Bust half-dime. I like that little pistol bullet too.
I used to run a e-trac, and it didn't like the iron.
I have a feeling you will be posting more good stuff soon.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a pretty Bust half-dime. I like that little pistol bullet too.
I used to run a e-trac, and it didn't like the iron.
I have a feeling you will be posting more good stuff soon.

I sure am gonna try. Yeah I like that pistol bullet as well only my 2nd one ever found. My first one was at City Park and was 200 years from the Dueling Tree. I think I have some real history there.

http://www.duellingoaks.com/

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang truth ur killing with that equinox congrats, I found a bucket lister today, my first barber quarter yaaa

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang truth ur killing with that equinox congrats, I found a bucket lister today, my first barber quarter yaaa

What!!!! That is a major MAJOR bucket lister of mine. Congratulations

Have you posted it yet?

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on not only finding another capped bust coin but also such a productive honey hole! That line they spew about a property being detected before just tells me others have moved targets out of the way for us, lol.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well BDI he’s gotten ALOT and I did blank today, but he’s never gotten a Bust half dime nor Half real in 15 years. There’s ALWAYS something left......always. I can say this the 800 likes that small stuff and obviously tiny silver coins. Lol I was getting tiny bullets 8” down.....and that’s without lying. IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMGosh... U dunn went and got busted again? You are on fire this summer. So happy for you man. Congrats to you Mister.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome. Super finds.:wav:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park is over new rule “No Detecting” but what I’ve realized is that just opened up the opportunity I find things I would’ve never found at that park. The park was a hour away this permission is 5 minuets away and big enough with tons of history that I have the opportunity to hunt it for a long long time. They did me a HUGE favor :))

Wondering?
Did signs just pop-up one day at the park?

Here there are a few City (but in the county) parks that say "No Metal Detecting" on the sign. They are pretty close to the Kennessaw Mountain Battlefield.

In the Big City tho the signs say 'No Smoking ' first & fore-most , lol & no "digging holes or pits / Camping" Kinda vague & wanna keep it that way. When I rarely hit those parks it's on Sundays or in the Fall or Winter & usually carry a 2 gallon bucket for all thrash 'that will fit'.

Your new site sounds SWEET! but I know it's still hard work.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well BDI he’s gotten ALOT and I did blank today, but he’s never gotten a Bust half dime nor Half real in 15 years. There’s ALWAYS something left......always. I can say this the 800 likes that small stuff and obviously tiny silver coins. Lol I was getting tiny bullets 8” down.....and that’s without lying. View attachment 1615238

Ahhhh.
I see 'percussion caps ' in your future then.

Is that a 22? Is your soil Sandy ? (at that site)?

Cooperscoppers

Jul 1, 2018
Canaan ct
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m seriously jealous I just found my first Merc and I am still excited but your find is a bucket lister for me congrats sweet coin!!!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wondering?
Did signs just pop-up one day at the park?

Here there are a few City (but in the county) parks that say "No Metal Detecting" on the sign. They are pretty close to the Kennessaw Mountain Battlefield.

In the Big City tho the signs say 'No Smoking ' first & fore-most , lol & no "digging holes or pits / Camping" Kinda vague & wanna keep it that way. When I rarely hit those parks it's on Sundays or in the Fall or Winter & usually carry a 2 gallon bucket for all thrash 'that will fit'.

Your new site sounds SWEET! but I know it's still hard work.

No a park representative got out a City Park car and told me the rules had changed. I’ve looked up the rules online for the park and use to say “Metal Detecting is allowed” and it was changed to “Metal Detecting is not allowed.”

I’ve sure been saving a lot of gas and a $5 bridge tolls since that happened. Lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No a park representative got out a City Park car and told me the rules had changed. I’ve looked up the rules online for the park and use to say “Metal Detecting is allowed” and it was changed to “Metal Detecting is not allowed.”

I’ve sure been saving a lot of gas and a $5 bridge tolls since that happened. Lol

Now the can slaw , pull tabs , bottle Caps , beer & Wine , foil and even plastic caps , ( I pick those up to.."OCD" lol ) can build up over the near future .

The parks folk will pick up most larger trash but leave the little stuff. It's the little stuff that ill's me the most.

Relic / Coin hunters are part of a parks eco-system , / clearing out little stuff others leave .
Rant over , GL Again in the future.

Still think we should all get together & Camp / Hunt for a day or 2 .
Davey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread