Bat gold, Rings, Coins and more. Day 2 at the swimming hole!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my son and i spent about 5 hours at the swimming hole. He concentrated his hunting in the water while i continued to hit the shoreline and grassy areas.

Right out of the gate i hit my first Ring. It was by far the deepest signal i have ever dug with the impact. About 8 feet from the waters edge with no ID but a nice faint repeatable mid tone.

722-7.JPG

My guess on the depth would be around 9 to 10 inches.

About 15 minutes later i hit another mid tone that sounded deep. After cutting the plug and checking the hole, i found the signal to be in the plug. A little more investigating with the pinpointer and out popped my first bat gold.

722-2.jpg 722-3.jpg

I don't know what it is but it is marked 14k on the back. Maybe its part of a necklace or charm bracelet? I am amazed at how small and thin it is and how well the Impact picked it up. I was running 20 khz.

Another hour went by before i got my second ring. This one rang up in the 70s and was less than an inch below the surface.

722-9.JPG

Ding dong... AVON calling!

It took another 3 hours of digging trash, clad and sinkers before i finally got my paws on this mercury dime.

722-4.jpg

No mint mark and pretty worn but, hey...its silver!

We finally called it a day at 4 pm.

Here are some pics of everything i found today. Lots of clad, sinkers, a disabled Indian and even a locket.
722-8.jpg 722-1.jpg 722-10.JPG 722-5.jpg 722-6.jpg

After i got home, i took the advice of some of the Members here on the forum and cleaned up the two rings i found yesterday. they turned out pretty good!

IMG_3104.JPG

Its interesting that the larger ring looks almost blue. Not sure why. the marking on the inside says 929 mexico

Here they are before cleaning.

Swim3.JPG

As for my son and his water hunting...He found massive amounts of clad and a silver ring...I know their is more out there but we need to get a better scoop.

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow alittle bit of everything. The dime is nice, gold is always good and the silver rings cleaned up beautifully. Congrats

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll repeat Hawk's WOW!

Seems certain you've a virgin spot. Don't leave that water to your son! Get yourself wet :) But, then you really need a water machine!

Maybe not! Then you'd want to travel up to Steve's & my water spots. We do however try to keep them clean.

Great finds my friend! That Tejon (formerly your's) got me my first gold ring of the year back January 21st :hello2:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll repeat Hawk's WOW!

Seems certain you've a virgin spot. Don't leave that water to your son! Get yourself wet :) But, then you really need a water machine!

Maybe not! Then you'd want to travel up to Steve's & my water spots. We do however try to keep them clean.

Great finds my friend! That Tejon (formerly your's) got me my first gold ring of the year back January 21st :hello2:

LOL i will have my Kruzer pretty soon. My son still has his AT pro and if i really wanted to, i could use it. Anyhow, I was surprised my son did not find gold out there. We tested the Bat gold and the Nox could not see it. After a little playing around and switching modes we figured out that he was on park 1. If any small gold was to be found, he missed it because of the mode he was in. We will be going back in a couple weeks and he will be using park 2.

We currently have a sand scoop but no long handle. This makes it difficult to get into deeper water without diving down.

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That locket looks really really old. I hope someone chimes in on that.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That locket looks really really old. I hope someone chimes in on that.

It very well could be old. The site dates back to the mid 1800s with a log cabin still standing. We will hit the cabin area pretty soon.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME HUNT!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow that was a nice hunt with some nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Ammoman. You and the boy are killing it!

Good show.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread