Wheres The Box?

TOWcritter

Where's The Box?

Today I finally got a chance to use my new 5" Excellerator coil on the MXT and it didn't disappoint me. I found the brass buckle and lamp top about 5 feet apart and around 6 inches deep. Under a fallen tree root ball I found the box or trunk hardware and nails. It was all in a 3 foot diameter hole and I found the first peice at 4 inches and dug down to about 12 inches to find the rest. I was still getting a pretty good signal when it started raining so I packed it in. Maybe I'll find the contents when I go back tomorrow! (or maybe the nails were the contents! LOL) I can't say enough about the 5 in. coil. It separates signals perfectly so you get a real good idea what you're going to dig. I can't recommend it enough.

Attachments

• P3310364 (Small).JPG
    P3310364 (Small).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 280
  • P3310358 (Small).JPG
    P3310358 (Small).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Re: Where's The Box?

Interesting finds Towcritter .Sounds like you got yourself a hotspot.
I always pack my rain gear ,just in case.Good luck tommorrow!
You're bound to make some more great finds. :-\

F

Floater

Towcritter If the coil is good at pinpointing I'm assuming you didn't use a lot of discrimination but just going for targets Period. I guess the reason I'm asking is it the depth your after or the type of hunting for relics vs silver .

R

rvbvetter

Nice finds! Square nails are a good sign. Glad to hear the coil works well. HH

OP
OP
TOWcritter

TOWcritter

Yeah. I pretty much have given up on the coins at this site right now, because I know that if they are here ( they are) they are WAY deep. I would have to dig and screen every square foot of the site. And it's probably 250x250 feet with multiple foundations and huge fallen trees etc. But then again, you never know. I might get lucky. It took me about 3 hours to clear out 1 small foundation of sticker bushes just so I could get into it. I am concentrating on what I think was the main mill building because the ground level is the closest to the original basement floor level (I hope). Thats where I found a whole lot of relic stuff so far. This is going to a long term site for me. And the good part is it's never been hunted.

R

rvbvetter

You definitly have persiverence. Anxious to hear of your finds there. Keep us updated. HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Glad you like your new coil,hope it pulls up some good finds from the box.Let us know what you find.HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool finds. Just FYI, the buckle is the same type that is currently used in the US Army, and has been for some time.

D

Darod

Hey, Great finds so far!

And if you need any help at all you just PM me and let me know. ;) ;D

Rod

F

Floater

I hear ya Towcritter. Your taking a more layered approach to it . That seems logical. hope to hear more on this one. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread