Out of bed and on your feet out the shade and in the heat!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leaving to go to my 1820’s Bust Island. Here’s a picture from the property in the late 1800’s. If I find anything good pictures will be posted. The property alone is the true find :) IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0211.JPG

*************Finds below************

Last edited:
Upvote 22

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Promising looking place! Looks like it is just a stone's throw from Abita Springs. Good luck!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing what you save from that ground. Be safe.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't get too close and hit a high tone, that place may crumble. Good luck. Post your finds please.:icon_thumright:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man O man, I would love to have a crack at something like that. Best of luck to ya truth, I most often now choose not to hunt in the heat, but there? I think heat would not be a factor for a chance like that. Look forward to a follow up.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only had a chance to go for 45 mins this morning until I had to go back home and take care of something from work. I did manage a quick button. Any idea what kind of button...cuff? Any tips on cleaning one of these or is this it? Going back at 4pm IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sure like the design of the old house! :icon_thumleft:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an awesome permission, find that GOLD!!!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those old properties. You never know what is lurking just under your feet! great save on the button, not sure of its age but it will look nice in your collection. good luck with the hunt and keep us updated...inquiring minds want to know!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alot of the buttons i dig come out the ground looking similar. Try q-tipping with room temp peroxide to remove the greenish grime. Wish i knew a better way. Maybe aluminum jelly.
Hard to date with no backmark or design. 2 piece. maybe old since the back isnt iron. Guessing mid to late 1800's civilian.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alot of the buttons i dig come out the ground looking similar. Try q-tipping with room temp peroxide to remove the greenish grime. Wish i knew a better way. Maybe aluminum jelly.
Hard to date with no backmark or design. 2 piece. maybe old since the back isnt iron. Guessing mid to late 1800's civilian.

Thanks bonepicker!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I did it unfortunately no back mark IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can use a toothpick to get more out of the crevices and then q tip it some more. Just keep going until you get it the way you want it. Just remember once u go too far u cannot get it back.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can use a toothpick to get more out of the crevices and then q tip it some more. Just keep going until you get it the way you want it. Just remember once u go too far u cannot get it back.

Oh believe me I differently learned that. As long as it’s mid 19th century I’ll call it a success.....so that’s what I’m gonna call it. Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that southern heat and humidity is insane. At least you came out with something.

bear it rained today and still hit 107 with humidity. It’s so bad and I try to to it at least 2 hours a day. I gonna take a break more often. My wife thinks I’m total out of my mind and NOW I’m starting to think she might be on to something.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bear it rained today and still hit 107 with humidity. It’s so bad and I try to to it at least 2 hours a day. I gonna take a break more often. My wife thinks I’m total out of my mind and NOW I’m starting to think she might be on to something.
I tell you what, I don’t know how you folks live down there. I went to school for awhile at Louisiana tech and I remember being a my aunt’s where it was 108 in the shade. I did my mobilization training in Mississippi in July of 06 and I just wanted to die. I’ll take the 120 dry heat of Iraq any day over southern US humidity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread