Ringing from the ground... not just my detector!!!?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my friend and I left Missouri yesterday to drive down here to Texas to visit my brother & sister-in-law who will be leaving next week to move back to Florida for good. Well I got up today and my brother was playing Warcraft all morning, so I decided to get dressed and go out a detect out behind his father-in-law's house. I didn't have any huge expectations, because they're kinda in the country and it's wide open out here. After detecting for a bit, I got a good signal that looked to be small silver. Well my brother apparently got bored and saw me out the door detecting, so he came out. I purposely brought down my extra detector with me "just in case" ;) he wanted to detect with me. He finally watched me for a bit and said, "Where's your other detector?" So he went and got it out of my truck and got a shovel, post-hole diggers, and a small bucket.
We got back over to my spot and he started digging... we got down and hit something plastic? I got my hand trawl out and got the dirt out from around it. He asked if maybe it was a water pipe or something similar, but as I removed more dirt, I started to say jokingly that it looked like a cell phone. The more dirt I got out, I realized it looked exactly like that. I got my hand under it and pulled it out, and sure enough, it was an older Nokia cell phone. Neither of us understood how it got a good 4 to 5 inches under the ground, but it was still cool!!!!! The more we detected, the more he got excited and we were guessing what it was either while we got to the object or before we even started to dig. We got beer cans, a tip to a garden hose, a chewed off dog collar, a bolt, nails, and the first thing I dug up... a piece of metal that showed up as silver. After cleaning it, it still looks like it might be, but it looks like slag? Anyway... here's some pic's!!!

Bran <><

Attachments

• DSCF6386.JPG
    DSCF6386.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCF6388.JPG
    DSCF6388.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCF6389.JPG
    DSCF6389.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 415
  • DSCF6391.JPG
    DSCF6391.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCF6395.JPG
    DSCF6395.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCF6397.JPG
    DSCF6397.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCF6398.JPG
    DSCF6398.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCF6399.JPG
    DSCF6399.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCF6400.JPG
    DSCF6400.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCF6401.JPG
    DSCF6401.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF6404.JPG
    DSCF6404.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 397
  • DSCF6409.JPG
    DSCF6409.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
yikes on the post hole digger !!! i've had to use one b4... worst tool known to man..... :o :o :o :o :o that does seem a bit deep for the phone !!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the same dog that chewed off the collar was the same one that buried the cell phone. :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congrats on the phone recovery.

I once found an unopened can of cat food at a Frisbee golf course. I guess "you never know" until you dig it! :D

Ridley

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mastereagle,

There are a lot of better ways to get even or even grt a little bit ahead.

A Buddy of mine went out of town the day after making his girl mad at him. Just after he left she came in and dialed time and tepurature..... in Tokyo! She left the conection and just set the phone on the side and left.
He finally came home to the thing off the hook. His bill was off the chart.

She got ahead.
He got the message.

OD

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I found out that the phone is my brother's father-in-law... he lost it a few years back. How it got so deep, none of us are sure?! We've been laughing about it though... and he just got the battery compartment open with a screwdriver and plans on letting it dry out so he can clear the dirt out of the power hole and see if he can get it on so he can get his numbers out of it. So that settles the mystery behind it! lol ;)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread