Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Hello to all, hope you could get out hunting this weekend!

I was real sick all this week with a terrible stomach virus, but started feeling better Friday and was sure ready to get out and doo something after spending 3 days in bed or at the doctors basically. I was very close to several good benchmarks for yearly totals, just short of 7000 coins, $21 short of $500 face value for the year, and just under 1000 quarters for the year so I decided to hit it hard and search like a madman today (Saturday) trying to reach my numbers. I researched using a schools website I use plus looked at aerial views on mapquest and planned my route with 4 parks and 4 schools in a district I have never searched. I had them all mapped out. These were all within about three miles of each other to minimize travel time and maximize hunt time. Off to pillage parks and play areas I went this morning ready for some hard hunting.

It was a cool but nice morning. Whenever I arrive at a site in the early morning, especially after a Friday or Saturday night, I always try to walk around and check for eye finds. I look around picnic tables and generally scan to ground around the parking lots and other gathering areas. Today it paid off nicely. I found a nice, brand new, tags and holograms still on it, "D" hat. I thought it was a Detroit Tigers hat, but my kids straightened me out...lol (Dad's old) It's a "D" had dad. It's a hip hop thing I guess :D. Anyway, it's about a $35 hat. I gave it to my son and got a huge bear hug in return for it. I found it at the first park I visited, underneath the bench on third base line. Cool!

D Hat O.jpg
D HAt I.jpg
I did really well at the parks which I hit first prior to the schools as I thought they would start getting people at them sooner then the schools so I wanted to be out of there before they got filled with kiddies playing. I covered the woodchip play areas and volleyball courts including the grassy areas surrounding them. In one of the volleyball courts, I hit an area that was used for a money scramble I guess. Pulled about 75 pennies, nickels, and dimes from there in a short period. One park had a basketball court with a small set of bleachers by it. I scored big time there finding around 100 coins in about 45 minutes just around the bleachers and the court surrounding grassy area. I found three keepers there too. First, a 925 earring with a large CZ stone. Then another 925 earring, small loop, and finally a nice "sterling" ring. Looks old. It's a band style with embossed hearts all the way around it. I think I found two very similar to this last year. The parks were good to me today. I searched 3 all together and the majority of my finds were from them.

I also searched 3 schools today, pillaging the woodchip play areas. The chips were old so the finds weren't super plentyful, but I covered them all anyway and ended up ok. I got a couple nice keepers at the schools. My first was a very thin 10kt chain. It was tangled in a knot but I got all but one small knot out so far. It was right at the base of one on the slides stairs. I also found two nice religious items. The first was a large cross stamped "Sterling". It's bent but that's ok. Also found a pendant that says "Alter Society". It's aluminum I think and fairly large.

Lot's of nice keepers today!!
Sept15th keepers.jpg

I sure found a large variety of stuff today. I had a blast in my 7 hours of hunting time out there. As the title of my thread says, I set a new personal record for total coins in one hunt today. 418 coins!! Breaks my old record of 390 from the second day of my contest hunt in June. I got 44 quarters, 72 dimes, 54 nickels, 254 pennies (2 wheaties in there) , 1 Sac dollar, and two foriegn coins. (a 100 yen & a 1 cent Euro coin). I knew I had found a lot but was really surprized when I cleaned and totaled them up. Face value was $24.35 which is my second best ever for one day. Here's the clad piles.
15SEP07 T.jpg
Clad Pile2.jpg

So I blew by 7000 to 7258 coins for the season and sit at $503.49 total face value. I reached my goals for the day. I also went over 1000 quarters for the year.

Lot's of interesting trinkets and other finds. A couple rings, 10 or so pendant/fobs, some earrings, a bullet,an old whistle, a set of fingernail scissors, and a scary very sharp steak knife found right in the center of one of the school play areas about 1/2" down.
Sept115-07 T.jpg
Sept15-07 F.jpg

Finally, this is for you MasterEagle. I found a lot of metal buttons, and other misc junque that I usually don't share in my photos, including 15 zipper pulls today.
Junque n pulls.jpg

Thanks for reading about my awesome day out there today.
I really had a blast!!

HH to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Re: Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

BDoo, that is quite an amazing array of goodies you've found there. Big congrats to you on reaching some totals milestones along with your new personal record. You set the bar pretty high there with that one day total.....wow, couldn't even imagine finding 54 nickels in one day. :o

Great Job!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Captn_SE said:
BDoo, that is quite an amazing array of goodies you've found there. Big congrats to you on reaching some totals milestones along with your new personal record. You set the bar pretty high there with that one day total.....wow, couldn't even imagine finding 54 nickels in one day. :o

Great Job!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan!! It was a heck of a lot of digging for sure. I dig it all with the ole TR machine so there were hundreds of trash pieces too, all picked up and disposed of of course. I guess my body can handle a super busy day like today. This late in the season, I am in good MD'ing shape. Plus I am pretty proficient with my knife popping targets out of the chips or grass, that helps and speeds things up a lot too.

I am really looking forward to your silver pictures. Are you going to share your silver jewelry finds too? 68 is a great amount!! I am close to 100, a few more to go to get to that magic number for sterling jewelry pieces this season (April to now). I also bought a ring display case recently and might post a photo of this seasons keepers rings in it soon.

Take care my friend, keep the awesome finds coming too, you're an inspiration!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Thanks, BDoo, you're quite the inspiration for me and many others on Tnet. You and I hunt quite differently; you dig everything your TR can pick up; I dig mainly the deeper targets, but our finds speak for themselves. Of course, while looking for the deeper targets, I end up grabbing all the clad quarters, along with the deeper clad, and of course silver jewelry that registers like a silver dime/clad quarter. Yes, I miss the gold, but dig much less trash in doing so. If I went for the gold, I'd probably have much less silver pieces, with a few gold to show. My clad count is quite high; I did not start a clad counter, but back in March, I turned in my clad and had about $375; quarters totaled 1100. I have a big container full of clad (lots of quarters) since then. There's got to be at least $450 of clad in my container.

I will post my big 500 silvers tomorrow. I think I will post my silver jewelry too, since you requested. It should make for a great pic.

Take care, BDoo, rest your body, so it will be ready for another great hunt.

CAPTN SE
Dan

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great day out Bdoo and congrats on all those awesome finds! HH, Mike

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Boobydoo, you definitely are the BEST clad hunter in the nation. I can bet the farm on that one. You have some good skills, my friend.

Kirk

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

:o Congrats on hitting your milestones Bdoo. That's a heck of a lot of little holes to be digging when you don't feel all that well. I guess you just have to suck it up and move on to the next hole. As they say " Time After Time ".
Hope your feeling better ;D HH

Desertfox

P

Pentico

Congrads!
Awesome day of hunting.
Happy to hear your felling better.

Pentico

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I can see it now...."Bdoo's Used Jewelry" opening soon.....Great dig's and awesome clad.HH

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

That's how you do it!
Metal detecting is the best medicine for what ails you!

Congratulations on a new record!

Ridley

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Wow Boobydoo that's some major retrievals. I thought my 322 coin day would be hard to beat. You blew me out of the water. Like I said before, you and that old garrett are definitely one. Way to go my friend.
Good luck, Mike in NJ

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x

Congrats B'Doo, it's always nice to set a personal best!! Bootstrap

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)

Great job as usual b-doo! After talking to you on the phone I hit an area that has not been detected at all! I only was able to cover 1/2 a playground but managed $6.33 for about 2hrs worth of swinging. I plan on maping out the area and hitting it hard real soon. Let me know when you want to get out again... I need some "schoolin"!

Regards,

Greg (C2MU)

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WOW Bdoo you da man !

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

Man, that's a lot of diggin'. Congrats on all the neat finds.
Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo,
WOW!!! Congrats on surpassing your goals in a BIG way! What a fantastic hunt. Your pouch must of weighed 10lbs. ;D Great job on the jewelry.
I think the police are still looking for OJ's knife, so you may want to turn that in. :o
If you decide to wear the hat, can we call you "Big D"? "BooD"? "BobbyD"?
"D-Man"? ;D
Way to go. Great job.
-MM-

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Holy catfish... I can't imagine finding even half that on a good day, nevermind feelin' under the weather.

That is just astounding. Makes a heckuva case for learning how to "pop 'em out" as opposed to "only" digging.

very cool!

HH
Nan

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

BDoo you have really set the pole high for the rest of us clad hunters! That is one HUGE batch of clad and trinkets! Your pinpointing must be right on, seems like I'm always spending a lot of time searching like a crazy man for those deeper items! You are THE MAN! Congrats on achieving all your goals! ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Incedible! I don't think my knees could handle digging that many targets in one day, much less my back. One word - STAMINA - and you got it. I'd wish you luck but I don't think you need any. ;D H.H.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread