After 13 years - My First Walker!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

I got my first metal detector 13 years ago. I had several years of semi-serious detecting after that and then only got back into the hobby last year. Who would've thought I'd find two silver dollars before finding a walker? Not me.

I've always thought they are one of the prettiest coins. My brother has already found two this year and has been lording it over me. 🙃

I started the morning early and hit a beach spot that has been on my mind. Spent about an hour and a half there. It was a bust.

My brother, Echoplex and I then met up at a different beach spot. It has treated us well but is slower going than it used to be. After an hour and a half I hadn't found a coin. I told my brother I was going to take one more pass up and down the beach. I got a good 12-44 signal at 5 inches but didn't want to get my hopes up. I'd gotten lots of those signals already that turned out to be junk.

Well, today it was meant to be. My first walker! It was also my only coin from the beach in over 2 hours there.

While driving to that beach, a little spot caught my eye. I decided to check it out on my way home. I'm glad I did.

I landed a couple silver Dimes, a few Wheats and a marble there in an hour there.

All in all, a spectacular day of hunting and great way to start my bachelor party weekend!

Here are my keepers today:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533936794.008200.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533936818.177034.jpg

The tally:
-1 Walking Liberty Half (1927-S)
-1 Merc (1918-S)
-1 Rosie (1959-D)
-3 Wheats

Before you give me grief about gouging the coins, I know. It essentially hasn't rained here in 3 months. It's all I could do to pry them out of the packed, dry dirt. Hoping for some rain to loosen things up.

Happy hunting this weekend all!
-W

Upvote 45

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, your doing pretty darn good!

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats again! I had a fun morning with you both. Have a great weekend and catch ya later in the month!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate! Nice Walker you have there. 13 and it's DONE! Nice to have onlookers and a marble! You have done yourself PROUD!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver !! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show my man!

Congrats on the Walker.

Free random fact: Adolph Weinman designed two thirds of the silver coins you found today.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate! Nice Walker you have there. 13 and it's DONE! Nice to have onlookers and a marble! You have done yourself PROUD!

Great find for the man! But much better to see this post,we are relieved you are on the mend Kurios! From one Kevin to another Kevin....we’re all competitive hunters and like to do well,post finds,get accolades,etc. But when someone gets knocked out of the game, the game no longer matters. Many of your fellow hunters are wishing you well my friend...

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX

Thanks Kurios, definitely nice to pull in a few keepers today. On to the next white whale! :)

Keep getting better and post some silver finds soon [emoji106]

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds and your first Walker- hope there's many more in store for you!

-- Jeff --

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!! Great Hunt!!!
Did You say Bachelor Party? Congrats & Good Luck!!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is hope! I thought I was the only one! Every hole I dig I’m hoping for my first Walker, and I’ve been digging for 9 years. I’ve dug four Barber halves, a Morgan, even a Seated quarter. It’s odd that a Walker would be the hard one to find, sounds like your story.

Big congrats on finding your Walker!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread