Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was around a high school built in the 50's, which is next to an old horse racing track from the 30's which is no longer there and has been filled and raised at least a foot.

I checked a sidewalk strip next to the school parking lot, and about 3 inches down was this beauty. Must have been dropped late 1800's and pushed around by a dozer. My first seated coin and oldest silver.

20180810_200109.jpg
20180810_200048.jpg

Thanks for checking out my day!

Upvote 48

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello capone. Always nice to say "I found my oldest silver coin today". Those seated coins are hard to come by down here in FL. Only have one seated dime in (20) years of diggin'. Congrats. C9

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your first seated! Yeah, always surprising to see where some coins are found, and the theories on how they got there.

John

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice... who would have thought that you would have to dig 3 inches down to get your first seated and oldest silver coin? See... it's not as hard as some people make it out to be. :laughing7: Congrats to you Mister.

It's true. We don't quite have the history that other parts of America have, but as long as I'm within 100-200 yards of somewhere with some age, I at least find some period trash. Even if an old site has been redeveloped, that old dirt had to go somewhere!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first seated! Yeah, always surprising to see where some coins are found, and the theories on how they got there.

John

Wouldn't it be awesome to watch a time lapse video of how some of these things get to there resting places right up until we find them?

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first she’s a beauty!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread