New to the group

SandDog

Jul 20, 2018
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / AT Max
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wanted to say hi and I enjoy reading all the threads. I am new to the hobby and being only into it for about 4 months I am addicted. My first detector was the At max and that proved to be a mistake for beach hunting in Florida, great in dry sand but bad for wet sand or water. I think the salesman was pushing because he New I was new and he was a garret fanatic. So with my research I recently purchased the Equinox 800 and love it. For beach trip with it and found a diamond ring in about 3 feet of water. Heading back out today!trying load picture if I can figure it out. FE7A93D6-4B3C-4602-AD0A-5C96C81F6B93.jpg

Upvote 24

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a beauty, bet it put a big smile on your face! WTG! :icon_thumleft:

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, My T2 is the same way. It does fine in the dry sand but as soon as it hits the wet stuff it goes bezerk. I hardly ever beach hunt though so no need for me to change detectors. I prefer relic hunting anyway.

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. I remember when I was new to the group - that was 5 years ago. I don't post as often as I'd like, but I do like this group and the stories are very cool!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice find for someone into the hobby only a few months, your hooked now! Congrats on a beauty of a ring, you should try cropping some more pix of it, it really is a gem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread