Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello. I found this yesterday in an area which was once farmland and was most likely clear cut during the charcoal production days of NW Connecticut. Any ideas of the age? The general area also holds more modern stuff like shotgun shells and old beer cans. Thanks for your suggestions.
HH
dts IMG_3476.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horse Bridle Buckle

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. Tough one to date as they didn't change much from the late 19th C until present. Someone might narrow it?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic find! :icon_thumleft:

Crusader has is right!

OP
OP
dts52

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Horse Bridle Buckle

Thanks, CRUSADER. I appreciate your input and I'm sure you're right. I was surprised by its weight. I thought at first it might have been a belt buckle like people wore in the late 60's (not to be confused with my current late 60's) when we needed wide belts with cool buckles to hold up our frayed at the cuff, bell-bottom jeans, but this far too heavy and the opening the for the belt portion is far too narrow. I've got it soaking in apple cider vinegar right now. I'll give it a good cleaning and see if I can get anymore detail. Depending on how well it cleans up, I might use is as belt buckle myself - to hold up the pants (NOT bell bottoms) on my tired old late 60's a**. LOL
HH
dts

OP
OP
dts52

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, PoE. Found in a new spot where I'm still trying to figure out the lay of the land. A couple small (75' X 60') flat areas with nothing but ferns (as opposed to the surrounding hardwoods) looked promising as the former location of a barn / house but not a single target. No signs of a foundation, either. Maybe newer enclosures using barber wire, not sure. I'll definitely be back there.
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread