Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thanx guys. No, not cleaned (other than rinsed off & soft toothbrush to get the dirt out of the grooves). I might have done the human instinct thing when I found it, and rubbed it (before I realized what I had). My first instinct was that I had a button or token of some sort. But I suspect that any scratches are more likely bag/circulation and perhaps just being in the ground.

I know a guy who found a $10 in a muddy field. He did the first gut instinct that we all do if we're not thinking: he rubs where the date is, to remove the mud, to get a date. To this day, he can still see the rub results at the date spot :P (result of gritty mud being rubbed with his thumb).

Buckleboy, the last 10 were:

Three from beach storm erosion (a $2.50, a $5, and a $20).

Three were from oldtown demolition sites (all $5's).

Two from an agricultural field/row crops d/t proximety to a historic site (a $10 and a $5)

One from a stage stop site (a $20)

and one from a turfed park (a $1)

I've been detecting since the mid 1970s, but didn't find my first gold coin till 1994. Dates range from 1835 to 1914.

If I count bezzled gold (which I don't) I have another: a 1945 Mexican "dos pesos"

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Tom_in_CA said:
Half-dime, what "rankings"? "Kirk"? Sorry, I'm new to this forum. I always watch the "general" metal detecting forum, but have not been on this "finds" forum till now.

Kirk-PA: what happens "next week"?

Check out the Comedy Central board...read the thread "Top 25 Metal Datectorists on Tnet." I update it weekly....you may just be in that list. :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
thanx guys. No, not cleaned (other than rinsed off & soft toothbrush to get the dirt out of the grooves). I might have done the human instinct thing when I found it, and rubbed it (before I realized what I had). My first instinct was that I had a button or token of some sort. But I suspect that any scratches are more likely bag/circulation and perhaps just being in the ground.

I know a guy who found a $10 in a muddy field. He did the first gut instinct that we all do if we're not thinking: he rubs where the date is, to remove the mud, to get a date. To this day, he can still see the rub results at the date spot :P (result of gritty mud being rubbed with his thumb).

Buckleboy, the last 10 were:

Three from beach storm erosion (a $2.50, a $5, and a $20).

Three were from oldtown demolition sites (all $5's).

Two from an agricultural field/row crops d/t proximety to a historic site (a $10 and a $5)

One from a stage stop site (a $20)

and one from a turfed park (a $1)

I've been detecting since the mid 1970s, but didn't find my first gold coin till 1994. Dates range from 1835 to 1914.

If I count bezzled gold (which I don't) I have another: a 1945 Mexican "dos pesos"

Excellent work! This is a real inspiration to folks who think that the days of great coin finds are past us.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Another great coin, congrats on a goldn beauty.
If I don't count my bezzeled... I am at zero
but I do and I am way behind you 7 down.
Congrats and keep em coming, nice find!
Thanks for sharing it!! Beautful!

Smiles!
BDoo

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheres the little Leprecon that keeps hiding those Gold Coins for you?
Do you think you could send him my way?!!!!!!!
11 Gold Coins, Wow your on a roll!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey congrats Tom iam still looking for #1 :D AA

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats and #11 wowo :o
when you get tired of finding them just start sending them my way.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin and congrats! I had no idea there were so few minted. 11 gold coins, I'm glad to have found one, did you play the lotto, LOL? HH, Mike

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
You're only 10 ahead of me!! Super find and congrats!!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom...Congrats on a VERY nice find. 11 gold coins?? Wow, I am not only very impressed, but slightly jealous as well... ;D I am still looking for my first gold coin find. Hope you find #12 soon....WTG!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should post some pics of those babies! 11 gold coins in one pic might be toooo much to take in at once though!! ;) :) Might give some of us a heartattack! ;)

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
ELEVEN? Holy shmokes you freakin' rock!!! Now that's just plain greedy! Na, just kiddin' but you gotta promise to stop at a baker's dozen. Congrats!! Bootstrap

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for me to find one is a dream ! 11 is outstanding :o and that thing is awesome ;) big BIG CONGRATS ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread