FOUND: 2 huge men's ring by swing set!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180831_115623.jpg 20180831_115726.jpg 20180830_174038.jpg 20180830_173833.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! I found the hockey ring yesterday, and today I found ANOTHER about a foot away from the hockey ring!!! What kind of stone is it? What do you think it's safe worth? it okey to put it in hot water and baking soda to clean it up? I'm not sure if the baking soda will harm the stone. I still can't believe it!!! I hardly got any sleep yesterday because I found the hockey ring... guess it's another sleepless night for me!!! Lol

Last edited:
Upvote 26
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok that's what I thought. Boy, before I always thought that if I found a silver ring it would be worth a hundred a least... but when I found my first silver coins and brought em in and checked prices on the Internet I realized that silver is not nearly as valuable as I thought. Still it adds up and if you find a nice one it is very nice to wear. Unfortunately the only ones I've found so far aren't ones I'd wear.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those to sweet rings. If you want to know an estimated value, do like the rest of us do and search ebay and see what they have recently sold for.
Good idea

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep this up and you could open your own jewelry store and polish them for free lol. But if you can't get a free polish there are silver cleaners you can buy.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, even if they are not worth much you never know what people might pay on Ebay for something they desire.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another "chunker" ring. Very nice find. Get back out there. You may find the rest of the jewelry store !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first ring might have some collector value, or, If you find the person who lost it, there might be a decent reward for it's return. There's only a few dollars in silver value, but, as a ring, there are people who would pay more. How much more is anybody's guess.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's tha way ya do it. Congrats. Nice.:icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my old Garrett Carrot I would be happy to send it to you. PM me where to send it. Ive gotten help from people on this site and advice so many times I just want to pay it forward . No charge trust me I haven't used it in a long time, I just ask you do the same down the road to some one else. Tommy

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my old Garrett Carrot I would be happy to send it to you. PM me where to send it. Ive gotten help from people on this site and advice so many times I just want to pay it forward . No charge trust me I haven't used it in a long time, I just ask you do the same down the road to some one else. Tommy

I don't know how to thank you enough!!! This is like a dream come true. I sent it... let me know if you got it or not. (Wasn't sure if it sent)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep Ill send it Monday have fun!!@@@

GaffleBab

Aug 4, 2017
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT MAX International
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Hockey Ring is AWESOME!!! I bet if you look into it you would be able to execute a Ring Return on that bad boy!! For Modern Silver Jewelry I just use a tiny amount of Organic Toothpaste and Purified Water to shine them up...I highly suggest no one do this to any Coins though!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the Siver ring. Pick up a jeweler’s rouge cloth from amazon and use it to buff out the silver rings. Do not use baking soda on the stones. Best of luck!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep Ill send it Monday have fun!!@@@
Happy Hunting
Forgot about the Holiday weekend. Ill mail it first thing in the am. I included the directions for it and a holder you can carry it in , I have many of them so Ill pass one on to you. I love this hobby and the tnet family many great people on here. Let me know if you have any questions or need help with it. I recently sold my At Pro to a tnetter for a really good price, Kellyco does payment plans and sells refurbished detectors if your looking for an upgrade. I have found tons of rings , gold and silver coins and everything in between this hobby is a lot of fun. Take care hope to see some more great finds from you!!!!!! Tommy Here is one of those things that make this hobby so awesome one of my ring returns and the return letter. July 11, 2017
Dear Tommy,
I had to write you to say THANK YOU.
Forty three years ago my husband and I met in college at Concordia Junior College. We started dating and like some couples did back then we exchanged high school class rings. My ring did not fit my husband/boyfriend very well so he wrapped it with yarn to fit. He and some buddies played a softball game. He was in the outfield and removed his glove. Later her realized he didn’t have the ring. He and his buddies searched the field. Couldn’t find it. He and I went back the next day and searched. Couldn’t find it. We graduated from junior college and went to Concordia College in Seward, NB to finish school. We got married, moved a few times, had four children and three grandchildren. I had forgotten about the ring. About two months ago my sister in law sent me a message asking “Did you lose your class ring?”. I said “Yes I did”. She said “I think we found it”. I said “Where?”. She said “Someone found your ring in a park near Ann Arbor.”. We celebrated our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] wedding anniversary on Sunday. So for our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] I got my class ring. My husband likes to say he put my ring in that field so he could give it to me on our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary. I feel kind of bad. I had his ring smashed and made into a tie tack.
So again I say thank you and God bless you.​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread