South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iโ€™ve been darting into the W PA Woods trying out different settings and learning my new detector at some of my old sites. Here are some highlights from last couple of days:

First site, not getting many new targets until a perfect silver dime target 4โ€ deep at my best cellar hole site from last year. Dig plug, moved large cement piece, pin pointed,lost signal. Swung cement chunk and there was the perfect signal. Too perfect to pass, but too big of a chunk of rock to carry for the next hour, so decided to find a boulder and smash action.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193192.292382.jpg
Took a couple violent throws, then the target was exposed, just another wheat, but cool black tone.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193251.235499.jpg

Next site in the Woods had this little dude sitting on the surface. I must have extracted him a few months ago and the rain exposed him.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193632.634707.jpg

Thx to IdahoToken for ID help on this token, 1930โ€™s.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193650.921599.jpg

And a small silver ring from another cellar hole 5 min walk from my house. Can anyone date the ring from the arrow hallmark?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193751.079023.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193760.656385.jpg

Here is the handful.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536193780.815054.jpg

Good luck out there!

Upvote 26

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are a nice assortment of finds. I have 2 spots I still go by once in a while that rings 89 on my at max but these are tree roots the size of Paul Bunyons thigh and as hard as Hillarys head Ive hacked away a few times but they are still there. That's funny to find that in cement but pretty cool as well . Glad your learning your new machine I am mine also lots of fun.. Great post Tommy

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mark on your ring is the Uncas company. They make mostly costume jewelry. started in 1911 and I believe they are still in business today

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

There is something that seems really satisfying about finding an old coin in cement.

Is it a steel cent?

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice!

There is something that seems really satisfying about finding an old coin in cement.

Is it a steel cent?

1948. If it was steel, probably would have thought rebar from the signal, but yes satisfying. There is a long sidewalk that leads to this foundation and wrap around sidewalks to where the entrances once were. The sidewalks are buried a couple inches now and there are a couple promising beeps...

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To my mind the pooch is the find of the day ! What is the date on the wheatie ?

Yes the porcelain pooch was odd. Pieces of pottery, bottles, bricks and jars seem to be all over these sites, but this little guy was just standing there perfectly clean. Wheat must have sucked some minerals out of the cement or moisture to go black, but just a 1948.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow those are a nice assortment of finds. I have 2 spots I still go by once in a while that rings 89 on my at max but these are tree roots the size of Paul Bunyons thigh and as hard as Hillarys head Ive hacked away a few times but they are still there. That's funny to find that in cement but pretty cool as well . Glad your learning your new machine I am mine also lots of fun.. Great post Tommy

Thx! Iโ€™ll take a screaming hunk of cement over those tree roots any day!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree the pooch is the best of the bunch. Sterling ring is nice and the ornate piece in the top left corner of your hand in the last picture is a latch that is situated in the middle of the lid of a old wooden jewelry box. I know this because I had one with the same latch. Congrats on all the nice finds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff, I'm guessing 40's for your Uncus ring. I just found a Uncus Kiddiegem ring about a week ago. I took a chunk of concrete home with me once convinced I had a silver quarter, mine turned out to be a bottle cap.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree the pooch is the best of the bunch. Sterling ring is nice and the ornate piece in the top left corner of your hand in the last picture is a latch that is situated in the middle of the lid of a old wooden jewelry box. I know this because I had one with the same latch. Congrats on all the nice finds.

Thx for the ID on the latch. This came out of an area directly behind a foundation that is loaded with trash, playing with Sifting settings popped this and a couple others out.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good day out.Congrats :coffee2:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little doggie and very well behaved. I guess you could call that a rescue dog :laughing7:

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice stuff, I'm guessing 40's for your Uncus ring. I just found a Uncus Kiddiegem ring about a week ago. I took a chunk of concrete home with me once convinced I had a silver quarter, mine turned out to be a bottle cap.

Thx! There is a patch of cement under a couple inches of dirt, maybe poured patio from the 40โ€™s, on the other side of this foundation. There is a perfect silver quarter signal about 6โ€ down, but 24โ€ in from the side. I considered bringing a sledgehammer last year, but never got around to it, but now a huge tree has fallen directly over this spot. Sort of regret not putting in the work, but also suspect it may be a bottle cap as well.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread