Florence

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope for no casualties and little damage. After that, I wish I could be there.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah that's the truth .That's would be like taking the parks we hunt and moving the dirt around flipping it over woowza

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are a resident, you probably won't get there for a month. Even residents may not be able to get back for a couple weeks.

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i stayed and am getting hit hard right now, waters are the highest they have ever been in history here, lucky im in the highest spot of new bern. but the river right down the road is coming

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i lost power hours ago but got the generator going. i will be doing some detecting soon though

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch! New Bern is not far from the hurricane eye landfall. 2 days ago I thought my place in Duck was going to be obliterated, but it veered south. Be safe!

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everybody please pray for all of us here in nc. The waters have risen higher than ever before. Its insane here in new bern nc. I see the river coming down the road.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody please pray for all of us here in nc. The waters have risen higher than ever before. Its insane here in new bern nc. I see the river coming down the road.
OK, but why did you stay?

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be the first out there detecting, of course!

Exactly! A lot of new bern is under water but my place is ok. I stayed because it has never flooded where I'm at and im well prepared. The water did get close though this time. Just a street over the water reached. But it is receding thankfully

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless and good luck. I had to evac from Myrtle one year. Being new to the game I didn't know where the Red Cross shelters were. We drove and drove looking for a motel room but no luck. We wound up all the way out to Darlington NC. I thought, There's a racetrack there, they've got to have a bunch of motels. Wrong! But we did find a Red Cross shelter there. We stayed there two nights and they pretty much looked after us like family. They fed us from the local fast food joints and kept an eye open for crooks. We hit McDonalds on the way out of town for breakfast and while we were in there a torrential rainstorm blew in and rained in sheets for about 5 minutes. When we went outside it looked like someone had taken hands full of wet sand and plopped them down all over the parking lot. That was beach sand carried aloft, probably, by a tornado. Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
We went back and finished our vacation and when I got home I got a list of all the RC shelters anywhere near Myrtle Beach. I also sent the RC a nice check.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
006.JPG
I'm 250 miles N.W. of Wilmington NC .And yesterday around noon the outer-bands of the storm arrived.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Maryland and I believe all the clouds we are seeing today are from the storm.

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
I totally understand you not leaving your home during the storm...please be careful and me and my wife will pray for you...we live in the upstate and are waiting for our part of the storm to hit but it will be nothing compared to what y’all are getting

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally understand you not leaving your home during the storm...please be careful and me and my wife will pray for you...we live in the upstate and are waiting for our part of the storm to hit but it will be nothing compared to what y’all are getting

much appreciated. there are people trapped in their attics in certain areas of town, i heard the navy seals are headed this way. im getting cabin fever, i wish i could go help some of these people out, but i no longer have a boat. thank GOD for natural gas generators and water heaters.

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in upstate ny and we got big rain last night. Took out a railroad bridge and flooded several roads!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread