Two Awesome Bucket Listers In One Hunt

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went out for a 2 hour hunt and managed to pull up some nice finds. I had previously found a really nice and rare 1800's silver knee buckle on this site so my expectations were high. I metal detecting for probably half a hour and found nothing, then I got a decent signal and got a really nice Silver looking horse bell (a bucket lister). Inside of it it says 'E.M.M. MORA' which is a Swedish company established in 1921, mainly for Horse Bells. The bell is apparently made out of 85% copper and 15% pewter, and that's what gives the bell's silver color:

IMG_8824[1].JPG IMG_8825[1].JPG

Then I found some other finds but thought it would be a good idea to move somewhere else. So I moved to the other side of the site and found myself a hotspot of finds. My first find was a Swedish 2 Öre bronze coin from 1902:

IMG_8822[1].JPG IMG_8823[1].JPG

And then I found a bucket list find which I have been wanting to find for ages. The find is a nice decorative silver looking shoe buckle. I believe it is from the 1700's but I'm not sure. The signal was probably one of my best signals ever, a very clear 78 to 79 signal. I'm not really sure if it's silver or not, the iron on it is most likely from the pin and the crud on the backside is just a layer of soil that just won't come off. There are no stamps on it but what I can tell is that it is 76 mm x 49 mm in length and width and it weighs 46 grams. I just really like the find and if it would be a real silver shoe buckle it would just be unimaginable:

IMG_8826[1].JPG IMG_8827[1].JPG

Some other finds from the hunt was a musket ball, a bronze pin and an older type lead bag seal:

IMG_8821[1].JPG

Thank you for reading and happy hunting!
Also one other thing, if you know anything more about the shoe buckle please let me know, thank you.

Upvote 19

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats, very nice finds.:icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well done a little bit of everything Great post

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Job, congratulations! :occasion14:

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bucket list finds. I always enjoy seeing relics found in Scandinavia. Thanks for sharing.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft: I love the horse bell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions