πŸ₯‡ BANNER My first gold coin! And it is Medieval hammered!

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
I just got back from England and wanted to share a couple of finds. I was in a field not getting much and got a decent signal. Now up to this point I had dug a ton of old coins and buttons galore, but no outstanding finds that I was hoping these old fields would give up. I dig the hole and see a gold circle staring back at me. I am thinking this must be the foil top to a liquor bottle and pick it up. Nope. Knew right away that it was gold and it was old. I later found out that it was minted in 1412-13, the only years they minted them and that it was a Henry IV Quarter Nobel. Wow!!! I was so happythat I was on cloud 9 all morning. Still am! Later that same morning I get another coin that turned out to be a 1422-1428 Henry VI full groat and in great condition! So phyched!! Next day got a 1310 Edward I silver. Then my oldest coin with a date, a 1582 Elizabeth I. Through the week I got 160 buttons, 40 greenies/coppers, tons of bale seals, over 30 musket balls, military buttons, lead tokens, a canon ball from the 1640's Civil War, and so much more. It was a lot of digging and a lot of fun! Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• php6sPmz0AM.jpg
    php6sPmz0AM.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 938
  • php6ls0r9AM.jpg
    php6ls0r9AM.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 112

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible coins! Huge congrats!

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the prison term is suitcase. Yes I would have seriously considered suitcasing it for the plane ride. Not sure if the airport metal detectors could pick it up there though... that could cause a stink in more ways than one.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find and congratulations on the well deserved banner and coil choice that worked well for you (and a bit of expertise in using it)!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recovery and beautiful coins. WTG.....

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Just curious. Did you receive your hammered gold coin or did you get hammered by the Meitner?

g

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner wowza thats what it all about bet youll be going back soon lol

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Congrats!

Now for the real question: do you dare straighten it? Normally I'd say leave it alone, but that one looks close enough to flat that it could be fairly easily leveled off, no?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions