Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooked up with a forum friend that Ive known for yrs and hunted with last year.
Trip was already arranged before Florence was on her way - so I had to take
what I could get - water was way to rough to get in at most of the beaches - I
did manage to get in at one spot that was sheltered but small and trashy and
a ocean spot where at low tide a sand bar cut the waves down enough that I could
bare getting in without getting slammed to much. I'm a water guy - and not
fond of wet sand hunting much and definitely not into dry sand hunting but
I had to do what I had to do. I got some junk jewelry in the surf - one silver
earing in the water - got a gold in the wet sand and right before coming home
I was heading to my GF after hitting the wet sand at one spot and just swinging
wildly over the dry sand getting ready to leave when I got a good hit and scooped
up a quarter that looked like it had been there a little while - so I swung around that area
and got a few more coins - gal was like 20 yrds away and I told her I was getting coins
so I was going to play around a little more. I was getting a fair amount of coins - lot
of dimes and some were discolored so I figured it had been a little while since
others probably hit there. I then got a nice solid positive reading - sounded better than a quarter
- I swept at the spot with my dive boot and saw what looked like a silver ring - gave it
a scoop and was surprised when I saw a class ring. Was hoping for white gold but its 925...
doesn't matter cause I try and return them whatever they are made of ... but everyone is
more impressed with the gold. I called my GF over and said "Guess what I just found"
and placed it in her hand - the day before I told her I thought I would find a class ring.
She then walked with me for awhile more - I got a huge blast and told her "this is either
a can buried down or a large kids toy" I swept with my foot a few times and then gave a
scoop. I hit something and gave a again swept with my boot. I saw powder blue and
told her - "I think its a car" - she pulled it out (the car that is
tongue3.gif
) - its was large VW bug.
I filled the hole and then said "I wonder if there is more?" I went over again and got a
few more deeper signals and ended up pulling out 4 more cars. Little while later
- even though I was still getting coins - we had to pack it in - had a 5 hr drive back home.
Before we left - she hit the ladies room and I just looked out over the beach. There was
a woman on a blanket knitting while her 3 yr old played on a slide near by. I looked over at him
and he smiled at me so I waved and he waved back. He walked over to his mother and
then told her I guess that I waved at him - he waved again and I returned one. My gal
came out of the restroom and I told her I was gonna give him the cars I had found
she wanted the VW ..don't ask me why - so I gave him the other 4. There was a beach
shower right there and I rinsed them off and asked his mother if it was okay and told
her I had just found them down the beach - he was excited to get them.
The day I got the gold ring - shortly after
a father with his 3 yr old son were playing near the surf - the boy started to fuss and
father said "i guess youre all done" Just then I had scooped up a Thomas the steam engine
toy - it was like new. I asked the father if I could give it to him and the father said
"Hey - look what he's got for you" and I handed it to his son - he smiled ear to ear
and then turned and ran towards his mom waving it in the air. Now all I have to
do is return the class ring for a trifecta
thumbsup.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Upvote 22

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Thanks CASPER for sharing your finds with the kids. Your acts of kindness made me smile while reading your account - OUTSTANDING!...

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that was a lot of digging! Congrats on the recoveries, but my favorite parts of the adventure were when you gave the toy cars and train to the kids on the beach. They'll never forget that, and it speaks volumes about your character. Well done!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt and story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that was a lot of digging! Congrats on the recoveries, but my favorite parts of the adventure were when you gave the toy cars and train to the kids on the beach. They'll never forget that, and it speaks volumes about your character. Well done!
A friend and I in 1981 - we were 18 yrs old - hunting an old colonial farm field we got permission for
We are hunting and the son of the owner shows up - he has his son (grandson of owner with him) - he was watching us
and my friend and I gave the boy a few musketballs and some wheat pennies we found - Like 2011 we are hitting this field again
and a gentleman comes out and asks if we have permission to be there - my friend says yes and tells him his name
and he says "that's my grandfather" and we mention his fathers name too - come to find out - he was the little
boy we gave the items to..he could not believe it - we couldn't either and we had his blessing to continue

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome hunt.Congrats. :icon_thumright:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very rewarding hunt along with a couple of good deeds. You just made those kids day a happy one. Good Karma coming your way. Congrats

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and great form, my friend! That Beatle had to at least pony up to an engagement ring! LOL no harm intended!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post!!! Nice finds!! Hope you can return the ring. Well done congrats and HH

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another awesome hunt- Congrats on some great finds!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and great form, my friend! That Beatle had to at least pony up to an engagement ring! LOL no harm intended!
she got engagement ring 19 yrs ago :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread