She Was Eyeballing Me

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
This Is A Very Exciting Find For Me and Here Is Why...

I recently got a Garrett AT MAX... I've always been a Whites person and I absolutely love my DFX...But not being submersible, I've been trying to decide on which detector would best suit my Wants...The At Max won...and I Am More Than Thrilled with it and the 5x8 coil which is smaller than what I have for my DFX.

Anyway, I hadn't had a chance to try it out due to a death in my family....Until around midnight- 12:30am this morning when we were at a family members home in the city that is right by one of my favorite Prohibition Era hunting areas. I knew we were going there and put it in the back before we left. Just in case..8-)

This place was used for distribution, rock basement and some of the basement floor is dirt and rock. There is a short 5' rock wall that make kind of an 'alley' type of walkway there going to an outside door...there's also a coal chute that has been sealed. The walls are uneven and tight in areas that I've not been able to get the big coil in and around.

That all changed this morning...I snuck away from the family for a bit..Got the Max and headed down there. I just went straight to that area since I knew I didn't have much time. I turned it on and the default settings on that machine go straight to coins. I started walking that tight alley area and all of a sudden, about 3 steps in, under one of the uneven rocks of the wall...The Max sounded off.

I bent down and started slowly pulling dirt and picking out the rocks...I go about 7" down and sitting sideways between a couple of rocks, there it was...She was staring straight at me! lol!

I was so excited I didn't look around anymore. That machine hadn't even been on two minutes and went through all that dirt and rock to find someone's 1912 Half Dollar Barber 'Lucky Coin!

Who knows how long that it's been there?? Lots of the folks who settled this area came from New York. It's not my first Barber, but definitely the most interesting I've found and to happen so fast with the Max makes it very special to me.

I'll be back there with the AT MAX and 5x8 coil...No Doubt!

Kace

IMG_2750.PNG IMG_2756.PNG

IMG_2748.PNG . IMG_2757.PNG

IMG_2742.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 50

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, cool info on how they do it.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Kace, this is awesome! I’m a little bit late to this party but I learned a lot from the thread! I’m very happy for you!

Thank You WD! I'm Thrilled With It! lol!

I've almost got the pictures ready to post from a prohibition distribution site that is almost identical to where I found this Pop Out. Same Neighborhood.

I'll do a 'She Was Eyeballing Me 2.0' thread on that though. lol! That will show the kind of hidden rooms that were used in homes. Then the next one will be on a prohibition stash house. And finds from different Prohibition Liquor sites.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread! I've really enjoyed your threads!

Kace

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Kace, I am like WD, late to the party, but glad to be here and learn. Very neat item. Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread