Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first land hunt in awhile - in water you use different muscles than land hunting
I use a long handled scoop in the water - but on land I use a knife and kneel down for almost every target - lots of ups and downs
I got a large relic hunt coming up and have to get in shape for long hours on land
went to a small field that gets pounded - but over the last few yrs Ive still been able to get smalls
after about an hour I had a few small pieces of slaw and tiny pieces of lead and other metals - heart breaker was signal
that went off as an 81 on XLT which is in silver dime range but have had a few coppers ring off round that too
- dug down 7 ins. - saw a disc and thought I had a coin or a dandy - saw edge was silvery - got excited
wah wah - aluminum weights and measures disc
I went to an area of field where ive gotten seated half dimes and 3c pieces - a friend has also gotten small silver here
including a 3 pence tree coin - I got a 64 on XLT which is usually a penny - dug down and had it out of the hole - soil was
little muddy in this area so pulled pinpointer out - got signal and push soil around and saw small rim of a coin -
definitely not a penny - thought I might have another seated 1/2 dime - plucked it up and gave a rub - it was silver but mud had
dried on it and I could not make out anything - pushed crude off one side with gloved thumb nail and saw shield crest and
pillars - YES! 1/2 real - happy I went out - couple of buttons I think are 1600s - couple 1800s...spoon handle piece
I believe is late 1600s early 1700s - musket balls I believe are older ones
Guys I believe that hammer here - fly and try covering too much ground at once - plus they crank discrim. and I believe that is
why they miss the smalls (ive gotten more 1/2 reales from this field over 20 yrs than any other spot plus some cut silvers)
- Im just glad they leave something good for me

Attachments

• caspoct9.JPG
    caspoct9.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 37

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: A real is a dream coin for me. Congrats on the real!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: A real is a dream coin for me. Congrats on the real!
hit those old farm fields in NY - any along the Hudson river should hold some - most all my Spanish has come from
farm fields - few from old commons - or near colonial houses

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice old coins! :occasion14:

Welcome back to land hunting...:icon_thumleft:

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome congrats on the Spanish . We need to get togeather again soon

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my fields as much as my lake hunts. Physically it is much harder on land. But mostly I like staying cool in that hot summer sun. I know you were glad you suffered threw it to score that Real. Nothing like pulling a non-crusty silver coin with a 1700's date visible right from jump street. That is why I have that XP Deus of mine, I hunt in a high frequency that really loves to find those small items and it is wireless and light as a feather. Now all I need is someone to dig my holes, LOL
Congrats on a good hunt from a bygone colonial field!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread