Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum and I had a good day hanging out and did manage to find 2 Buffalos, 6 wheats and a mystery token. The token appears to have the initials “J R” stamped on one side and I see a black letter 2 on the other. Any guess on what kind of token it might be is appreciated. Thank guys IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 33

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea about the token, but six wheats and two buffalo nickels would have made my day. Nice recoveries!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking Tom they never come easy lol

Well, considering the fact that I have three Buffalo nickels in total, I must agree! I've been loving your posts lately - I have to live vicariously through you! Your relics, especially, have been awesome!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, considering the fact that I have three Buffalo nickels in total, I must agree! I've been loving your posts lately - I have to live vicariously through you! Your relics, especially, have been awesome!

Thanks Tom! What a special compliment for me. I work tirelessly trying to get what I can before this Ol’ Swamp Donkey can’t do it anymore. Lol

Keep swinging buddy

P.S. May God be with you and yours for the storm coming for the great state of Florida [emoji1317]

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great hunt - Congratulations!:headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go Truth. You guys are definitely on a roll.:icon_thumright:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt Truth. You just continually pile up the finds. I like that token.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that token is brass soak it in mineral oil for a few days and toothpick it .If still corroded soak the token again and use a folded piece of card board and a bench vise and wire brush it until you can see it . If you have a dremel and a small wire wheel that works also . Nice find .

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that token is brass soak it in mineral oil for a few days and toothpick it .If still corroded soak the token again and use a folded piece of card board and a bench vise and wire brush it until you can see it . If you have a dremel and a small wire wheel that works also . Nice find .

Lmao!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well done nice herd nice 2 1/2 token what could you buy with it I wonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tokens have such interesting stories!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats again you Ole Swamp Donkey you!!! Tell them the reason you were worn out... It was that silver signal under that foot and a half tree root that we couldn't get to and you spending some hard earned time trying to hack it in half with ya shovel!!! Gotta give it to ya brother, you gave it all ya had left!!! Talked to my brother today, he said he'll talk to "The Man" and see if he can add it to the remaining trees he's going to clear!!! Again, had another great time and congrats on ya finds!!!!

"D"

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor