Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Upstate Trip Yeilds Tiny Silver

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    A Fisher of Land and Sea

Apr 2016
    Eastern Long Island
    Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13" Whites V3i Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Pro Pointer
    591 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Upstate Trip Yeilds Tiny Silver

Finally got a free weekend to go upstate to a friend's massive property with a bunch of friends, one being sugarquartz from treasurenet. My friend has a pretty good understanding of where the old areas are and he took us to the main spots where he though we would find the best stuff. First we checked out an old dump on the side of a hill. We didnt find too much there but another friend pulled out an old mason jar lid that was probably turn of the century. We did a bunch of exploring in the woods and then stopped by an old home site. My first signal was a 1940 rosie and my second was a ring that may or may not be silver. After that i got a couple of wheat pennies. We didnt find too much there since it was loaded with trash, and we moved on. We added some lead and brass to the countryside before lunch and then went back out to find an old road. We stopped our gator type vehicles and started detecting. We found a bunch of old square nails and other junk and continued towards the old road where one of my friends had picked up an 1860s fatty indian on one of the previous trips. We made it to the old road, which was lined with stone walls, and continued to try to find any signals. I finally hit on a tiny signal that was coming up anywhere from 35-40 on my MXT. I had been digging pretty much all signals above iron so i knelt down and started chopping a plug in the rocky, peat mossy forest ground. I flipped up the mossy top and immediately saw a tiny silver looking round thing. I was thinking button, half dime, half reale, and then it fell out on my hand and i saw the beautiful C of the coin that i have been hoping to find since i started detecting. I realized it was a trime and yelled out "F*@!" and "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT I GOT!". Both of my friends that were also on the road hurried over and were amazed by the tiny silver three cent piece sitting in my palm. None of us could believe it. Pretty much every hunt that i went on, i would always say that i wanted to find a trime. It was the bucket list of my bucket list and i got it. The rest of the day i felt pretty numb and euphoric from finding the trime. I was in complete disbelief. The next day we split up and two friends went out to look for artifacts while myself and sugarquartz went to follow stone walls in the area close to the where i found the trime. That paid off when we came apon an old stone wall foundation at the end of a stone wall previously unexplored. We got excited when we turned our detectors on and found the ground full of iron. Something that had been absent in most other places on the property. Sugarquartz and I dug up some huge hand forged hinges, square nails and other various iron bits and we decided it was time to go get our smaller coils from our gator. At this time our other friend radioed to us that he was was coming back from looking for artifacts, so we all met up and headed back to the house for lunch. Which lead to racing around the woods in the gators and checking out some other spots. Next time we go we will remember to bring our smaller coils to the foundation in the woods. Hopefully there will be some better stuff there. Now im trying to get back into the grind of Long Island life. I find its really tough to acclimate back into the civilized world after a weekend of upstate freedom. Especially when im looking at this trime all the time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	108.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	1641162

Name:	109.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1641163

Name:	110.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	1641164

Name:	111.JPG 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	1641165
    Last edited by BeenFishin; Oct 11, 2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: treasurenet member mention

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    11736 times
    hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    great finds nice trime
    A2coins, BeenFishin and Kace like this.
    'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    Jul 2018
    Gold Cost Long Island n.y.
    CTX 3030 Equinox 800 Equinox600 Makro Multi Kruzer Garret ATpro Garret ATX
    374 times
    Nice finds BF. Love that Trime, need to find one myself. Sounded like a great trip upstate. Love the comment on adding more lead and brass to the land, something thats hard to do on L.I. Cheers from a fellow Long Islander
    A2coins, BeenFishin and Kace like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14591 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Nice frime I need one of those and a bigger bucket
    Hawks88, BeenFishin and Kace like this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14591 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Also Thanks for the awesome read great post
    BeenFishin and Kace like this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    5117 times
    That’s a nice silver save. Congrats
    BeenFishin and Kace like this.

us
    A Fisher of Land and Sea

Apr 2016
    Eastern Long Island
    Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13" Whites V3i Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Pro Pointer
    591 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RelicMaster777 View Post
    Nice finds BF. Love that Trime, need to find one myself. Sounded like a great trip upstate. Love the comment on adding more lead and brass to the land, something thats hard to do on L.I. Cheers from a fellow Long Islander
    Yea man, cant fire a 308 around here! Good luck, im sure theres more trimes out there! Now i want one with a readable date
    Kace likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenFishin View Post
    Finally got a free weekend to go upstate to a friend's massive property with a bunch of friends, one being sugarquartz from treasurenet. My friend has a pretty good understanding of where the old areas are and he took us to the main spots where he though we would find the best stuff. First we checked out an old dump on the side of a hill. We didnt find too much there but another friend pulled out an old mason jar lid that was probably turn of the century. We did a bunch of exploring in the woods and then stopped by an old home site. My first signal was a 1940 rosie and my second was a ring that may or may not be silver. After that i got a couple of wheat pennies. We didnt find too much there since it was loaded with trash, and we moved on. We added some lead and brass to the countryside before lunch and then went back out to find an old road. We stopped our gator type vehicles and started detecting. We found a bunch of old square nails and other junk and continued towards the old road where one of my friends had picked up an 1860s fatty indian on one of the previous trips. We made it to the old road, which was lined with stone walls, and continued to try to find any signals. I finally hit on a tiny signal that was coming up anywhere from 35-40 on my MXT. I had been digging pretty much all signals above iron so i knelt down and started chopping a plug in the rocky, peat mossy forest ground. I flipped up the mossy top and immediately saw a tiny silver looking round thing. I was thinking button, half dime, half reale, and then it fell out on my hand and i saw the beautiful C of the coin that i have been hoping to find since i started detecting. I realized it was a trime and yelled out "F*@!" and "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT I GOT!". Both of my friends that were also on the road hurried over and were amazed by the tiny silver three cent piece sitting in my palm. None of us could believe it. Pretty much every hunt that i went on, i would always say that i wanted to find a trime. It was the bucket list of my bucket list and i got it. The rest of the day i felt pretty numb and euphoric from finding the trime. I was in complete disbelief. The next day we split up and two friends went out to look for artifacts while myself and sugarquartz went to follow stone walls in the area close to the where i found the trime. That paid off when we came apon an old stone wall foundation at the end of a stone wall previously unexplored. We got excited when we turned our detectors on and found the ground full of iron. Something that had been absent in most other places on the property. Sugarquartz and I dug up some huge hand forged hinges, square nails and other various iron bits and we decided it was time to go get our smaller coils from our gator. At this time our other friend radioed to us that he was was coming back from looking for artifacts, so we all met up and headed back to the house for lunch. Which lead to racing around the woods in the gators and checking out some other spots. Next time we go we will remember to bring our smaller coils to the foundation in the woods. Hopefully there will be some better stuff there. Now im trying to get back into the grind of Long Island life. I find its really tough to acclimate back into the civilized world after a weekend of upstate freedom. Especially when im looking at this trime all the time!

Name:	108.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	1641162

Name:	109.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1641163

Name:	110.JPG 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	1641164

Name:	111.JPG 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	1641165
    around two years ago I watched my buddy pull two trimes out of the ground within 15 minutes or so. That was when we had much lower end detectors... I still haven't found one yet! Nice find!
    Kace, BeenFishin and mhess22 like this.

jacdec1968

Feb 2014
    Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction, Az in the winter
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer, Lesch digger
    3301 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice finds and a great hunt.
    Kace and BeenFishin like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3154 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Very Nice Finds! Great Trime!

Kace
    BeenFishin likes this.

us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
    307 times
    Really nice finds and that ring looks silver. Welcome back to the land of beautiful beaches and ugly traffic!
    BeenFishin likes this.

us
    A Fisher of Land and Sea

Apr 2016
    Eastern Long Island
    591 times
    Quote Originally Posted by claire View Post
    Really nice finds and that ring looks silver. Welcome back to the land of beautiful beaches and ugly traffic!

I just acid tested the ring...not silver. Oh well.

LI Traffic is the bane of my existence!
    Truth1253 likes this.

ca
    "Nova Scotia is a metal detecting paradise"

Feb 2014
    Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
    Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
    5966 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Nice finds. I hope I find one of those trimes someday!
    Truth1253 and BeenFishin like this.
    BANNER #1...
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...oin-spill.html

BANNER #2...
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-8-reales.html

BANNER #3...
    Still working on getting this one! 😃👍

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    15541 times
    Metal Detecting
    Iíve found half dimes, a half real, but still looking for my elusive trime. Congratulations on a fantastic find!!
    K1DDO1979 and BeenFishin like this.

us
    Apr 2013
    Eastern Massachusetts
    AT Pro, XP Deus
    2218 times
    Metal Detecting
    Trimes are very hard to come by IMHO. Congrats a a really great find!
    Truth1253 and BeenFishin like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links