🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a free weekend to go upstate to a friend's massive property with a bunch of friends, one being sugarquartz from treasurenet. My friend has a pretty good understanding of where the old areas are and he took us to the main spots where he though we would find the best stuff. First we checked out an old dump on the side of a hill. We didnt find too much there but another friend pulled out an old mason jar lid that was probably turn of the century. We did a bunch of exploring in the woods and then stopped by an old home site. My first signal was a 1940 rosie and my second was a ring that may or may not be silver. After that i got a couple of wheat pennies. We didnt find too much there since it was loaded with trash, and we moved on. We added some lead and brass to the countryside before lunch and then went back out to find an old road. We stopped our gator type vehicles and started detecting. We found a bunch of old square nails and other junk and continued towards the old road where one of my friends had picked up an 1860s fatty indian on one of the previous trips. We made it to the old road, which was lined with stone walls, and continued to try to find any signals. I finally hit on a tiny signal that was coming up anywhere from 35-40 on my MXT. I had been digging pretty much all signals above iron so i knelt down and started chopping a plug in the rocky, peat mossy forest ground. I flipped up the mossy top and immediately saw a tiny silver looking round thing. I was thinking button, half dime, half reale, and then it fell out on my hand and i saw the beautiful C of the coin that i have been hoping to find since i started detecting. I realized it was a trime and yelled out "F*@!" and "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT I GOT!". Both of my friends that were also on the road hurried over and were amazed by the tiny silver three cent piece sitting in my palm. None of us could believe it. Pretty much every hunt that i went on, i would always say that i wanted to find a trime. It was the bucket list of my bucket list and i got it. The rest of the day i felt pretty numb and euphoric from finding the trime. I was in complete disbelief. The next day we split up and two friends went out to look for artifacts while myself and sugarquartz went to follow stone walls in the area close to the where i found the trime. That paid off when we came apon an old stone wall foundation at the end of a stone wall previously unexplored. We got excited when we turned our detectors on and found the ground full of iron. Something that had been absent in most other places on the property. Sugarquartz and I dug up some huge hand forged hinges, square nails and other various iron bits and we decided it was time to go get our smaller coils from our gator. At this time our other friend radioed to us that he was was coming back from looking for artifacts, so we all met up and headed back to the house for lunch. Which lead to racing around the woods in the gators and checking out some other spots. Next time we go we will remember to bring our smaller coils to the foundation in the woods. Hopefully there will be some better stuff there. Now im trying to get back into the grind of Long Island life. I find its really tough to acclimate back into the civilized world after a weekend of upstate freedom. Especially when im looking at this trime all the time!

108.JPG
109.JPG
110.JPG
111.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 35

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
great finds nice trime

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Gold Cost Long Island n.y. Fema region II
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds BF. Love that Trime, need to find one myself. Sounded like a great trip upstate. Love the comment on adding more lead and brass to the land, something thats hard to do on L.I. Cheers from a fellow Long Islander

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frime I need one of those and a bigger bucket

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Thanks for the awesome read great post

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds BF. Love that Trime, need to find one myself. Sounded like a great trip upstate. Love the comment on adding more lead and brass to the land, something thats hard to do on L.I. Cheers from a fellow Long Islander

Yea man, cant fire a 308 around here! Good luck, im sure theres more trimes out there! Now i want one with a readable date

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a free weekend to go upstate to a friend's massive property with a bunch of friends, one being sugarquartz from treasurenet. My friend has a pretty good understanding of where the old areas are and he took us to the main spots where he though we would find the best stuff. First we checked out an old dump on the side of a hill. We didnt find too much there but another friend pulled out an old mason jar lid that was probably turn of the century. We did a bunch of exploring in the woods and then stopped by an old home site. My first signal was a 1940 rosie and my second was a ring that may or may not be silver. After that i got a couple of wheat pennies. We didnt find too much there since it was loaded with trash, and we moved on. We added some lead and brass to the countryside before lunch and then went back out to find an old road. We stopped our gator type vehicles and started detecting. We found a bunch of old square nails and other junk and continued towards the old road where one of my friends had picked up an 1860s fatty indian on one of the previous trips. We made it to the old road, which was lined with stone walls, and continued to try to find any signals. I finally hit on a tiny signal that was coming up anywhere from 35-40 on my MXT. I had been digging pretty much all signals above iron so i knelt down and started chopping a plug in the rocky, peat mossy forest ground. I flipped up the mossy top and immediately saw a tiny silver looking round thing. I was thinking button, half dime, half reale, and then it fell out on my hand and i saw the beautiful C of the coin that i have been hoping to find since i started detecting. I realized it was a trime and yelled out "F*@!" and "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT I GOT!". Both of my friends that were also on the road hurried over and were amazed by the tiny silver three cent piece sitting in my palm. None of us could believe it. Pretty much every hunt that i went on, i would always say that i wanted to find a trime. It was the bucket list of my bucket list and i got it. The rest of the day i felt pretty numb and euphoric from finding the trime. I was in complete disbelief. The next day we split up and two friends went out to look for artifacts while myself and sugarquartz went to follow stone walls in the area close to the where i found the trime. That paid off when we came apon an old stone wall foundation at the end of a stone wall previously unexplored. We got excited when we turned our detectors on and found the ground full of iron. Something that had been absent in most other places on the property. Sugarquartz and I dug up some huge hand forged hinges, square nails and other various iron bits and we decided it was time to go get our smaller coils from our gator. At this time our other friend radioed to us that he was was coming back from looking for artifacts, so we all met up and headed back to the house for lunch. Which lead to racing around the woods in the gators and checking out some other spots. Next time we go we will remember to bring our smaller coils to the foundation in the woods. Hopefully there will be some better stuff there. Now im trying to get back into the grind of Long Island life. I find its really tough to acclimate back into the civilized world after a weekend of upstate freedom. Especially when im looking at this trime all the time!

View attachment 1641162
View attachment 1641163
View attachment 1641164
View attachment 1641165

around two years ago I watched my buddy pull two trimes out of the ground within 15 minutes or so. That was when we had much lower end detectors... I still haven't found one yet! Nice find!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Finds! Great Trime!

Kace

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds and that ring looks silver. Welcome back to the land of beautiful beaches and ugly traffic!

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds and that ring looks silver. Welcome back to the land of beautiful beaches and ugly traffic!

I just acid tested the ring...not silver. Oh well.

LI Traffic is the bane of my existence!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I hope I find one of those trimes someday! [emoji16][emoji106]

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 cent silver is my favorite US silver coin. :occasion14:

GerryL

Oct 30, 2008
western MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the trime! I found my first one this summer. :D

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.
I have not found my trime yet but did find its sibling no one talks about, the counter 3 cent coin made during the same era.
I feel the trime is the "pretty" sister and the "3 cent nickel" is the ugly brother lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread