A great day at The Giving Beach!!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These finds were actually from yesterday. I didn't have time to post until now. I returned to my special Giving Beach and boy, oh boy, was it ever in a giving mood! My first target was a silver Roosevelt dime, so I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.

In all, I recovered nine silver coins! My personal best before this was three silver items from a single hunt. I also got a 1938 buffalo nickel, a US Air Force uniform button which dates from the 1940's through the early 1950's, and seven wheat pennies (one with a date that is totally wiped out).

The silvers coins were:

1 1945 USA Quarter (my oldest USA quarter to date)
4 USA Mercury Dimes (including my oldest US silver to date) - 1919, 1920, 1937, and 1944
4 USA Roosevelt Dimes - 1947, 1947, 1952, and 1962

I also got:

1 1938 Buffalo Nickel (my fourth from the same beach!)
7 USA Wheat Pennies - 1939, 1944, 1951, 1953, 1956, 1958, and unknown date.

I cleaned everything up as best I could, and I'm telling you I'm beat! Pics of everything are included below. Thanks as always for perusing my post, and may you all find something that brings you joy the next time you're out hunting!

I used electrolysis to some degree on all of the finds, including the Air Force button. (After cleaning you can make out "Waterbury Button..." on the back of it.)

All Finds.jpg

1938 Buffalo Nickel Obverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg 1938 Buffalo Nickel Reverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg
1938 Buffalo Nickel Obverse Post-Cleaning.jpg 1938 Buffalo Nickel Reverse Post-Cleaning.jpg

1945 Quarter Obverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg 1945 Quarter Reverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg
1945 Quarter Obverse Post-Cleaning.jpg 1945 Quarter Reverse Post-Cleaning.jpg

Dimes Obverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg Dimes Reverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg
Dimes Obverse Post-Cleaning.jpg Dimes Reverse Post-Cleaning.jpg

Air Force Button Front Post-Cleaning.jpg Air Force Button Back Post-Cleaning.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16
OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like "The Giving Beach" is a virgin site.
Congrats on really Silver day.

Not quite a virgin, but close enough for me! I've been there several times in the last year, but I've never taken away this much silver at one time!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:icon_thumright:You did indeed have a Great Day at the beach. Congrat's to you on the silvers and all the other finds as well.

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:You did indeed have a Great Day at the beach. Congrat's to you on the silvers and all the other finds as well.

Thank you! It certainly made my year so far!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread