War of 1812 Script RR Button + fishing

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
(Photo added) War of 1812 Script RR Button + fishing

Great day out at the War of 1812 fort site. This place just keeps giving with beach erosion and finding small, new areas to check. Best find was this double script "R" Rifles Regt button. The crud on it just came right off like magic and it's in really good shape. Most of the finds here are very good considering the salt water. I found my first old coin here ever - been 3-4 years and finally happened it's just totally toasted. It's still in the car but I will check it again tomorrow, but I have no hope for it. Found one other big button with nothing visible on the front and a tiny buckle about the size of finger nail. Hope this vid isn't too large a file. Did some fishing too, but no luck. Oh and this find was with the Ace 150 for $80 bucks at the pawn shop. It just keeps workin! (no luck attaching the vid - I mentioned in it that I have to get CarolinaTom to that site with better detector. There are some places mine won't work like higher grass and overall there are probably deeper finds. This was both a fort and battle site (private land with permission). This photo better not be sideways I rotated it but last time they still appeared sideways. I just realized it looks like Chia button!! Green top...that will come off anyway.

Attachments

• RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 78
  • fortfinds.jpg
    fortfinds.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Upvote 10
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Any ideas on what tiny buckle was for? Thanks.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats again buddy! That button is just plain killer. So you got a CSA button last week, and now this? That $80 detector is killing me.

That buckle looks like it might be be really old too.

I would love to give that site a shot. Thanks & best of luck to you.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button wowza. I would love to hunt the 1812 site just the thought of what ya might find is as good as what ya do. well almost lol

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other