Well its Been 2 Months Now

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well it's Been 2 Months Now

I don't post often however after seeing what jeff of pa is dealing with I figured it was time for an update. This is the stuff I've found in my second month metal detecting, I have excluded all the clad(approximately $20.00), pull tabs and just plain junk.
Found my first gold(the charm). I then thought I found my first silver ring, oops it's actually 14K white GOLD. Found the 1903 nickel, Ring and AAA Safety Patrol pin all at the same school. The WW1 medal is pretty cool. Can someone tell me if the bullet is old?
Thanks and HH Baddog1

Attachments

• 4-3-05_finds.jpg
    4-3-05_finds.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 1903Nickelbk.jpg
    1903Nickelbk.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 1903Nickelfrt.jpg
    1903Nickelfrt.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 250
  • AAA.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

You should post more often! Excellent finds! Congrats! How about a close-up of the bullet? HH omnicognic 8)

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.

The bullet looks to be a semi-wadcutter used in pistols and revolvers for target shooting mostly.They cut a clean hole in paper targets to make it easier to determine the shooter's score.Love that WW1 medal!

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Omni here's a close up of the bullet. I travel quite a bit (last four weeks... Jacksonville, Charleston WV, Greenville SC and then to Salt Lake City last week) so I spend a lot of time reading here and posting when I can. Take my detector if the weather looks good (took it to Charleston). Going to Vegas in two weeks will take my detector.

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 193

TOWcritter

Hey baddog1, check my post on Las Vegas. There is a ghost town with quite a few gold mines there and the owner will let you detect there. It's about 35 miles southeast of vegas. I plan on going back and camping out for a week in the near future. Good Luck.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Awesome finds!!!
That WWI metal is worth a month of dig'n, looks great...
That V nickle looks to be in great shape too. Most of the V's I have found are pretty worn. WTG!

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

This is my first V nickel and I thought it was in pretty bad shape, soooo I used my dremel to polish it. I know you shouldn't do that as it will lower the value, however the value to me is already priceless.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Baddog1 said:
This is my first V nickel and I thought it was in pretty bad shape, soooo I used my dremel to polish it.? I know you shouldn't do that as it will lower the value, however the value to me is already priceless.

I haven't been detecting all that long, but I have found three "V" nickles and only one of them, the one I found today, is in fairly good shape...
From what I've seen, the one you have there has some pretty good detail still left on it... Did the dremel too bring it back to a nickle color?, or to some other color?...

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Leon said:
Baddog1 said:
I haven't been detecting all that long, but I have found three "V" nickles and only one of them, the one I found today, is in fairly good shape...
From what I've seen, the one you have there has some pretty good detail still left on it... Did the dremel too bring it back to a nickle color?, or to some other color?...

It did change it to a dark silver color(it was really rusty looking) and I believe if I kept going it would get better. I used the polishing wheel on the Dremel

F

Floater

Nice collection Baddog. It really pays to keep on huntin. Still looking for my first gold .HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread