Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ol' cat is getting old. I really skipped the summer season, haven't View attachment IMG_1410.jpg View attachment IMG_1412.jpg been feeling all that well. Soooo....a few weeks ago a few of us started going over some of our old honey holes. We went to some of best areas from last year. A couple we had hit so hard so didn't find much. Another was just a plain bust.
ance of actually finding something. A few of us found minies ( I did not find any.) I headed with one friend up a little hill and got a nice, flat c
The third site, which I have taken a few people two was looking like a disappointment also, however the farmer had (gasp) actually turned the soil so now there was a better cholonial button in amongst some coal scraps and a lot of iron nails. It took forever but I finally got a nice silver cufflink, a few more buttons and a breast plate or horse tack piece, it's hard to tell as it is heavy stamped brass with a lead fill. A Rev War military button was found on the site. This was just a day ago.

I kept circling the small area and got a solid 92 signal on the Deus, which is normally either silver, quarter sized or a square of aluminum. I called my bud over with his new Equinox and his machine saw it and he interpreted it as a minie ball at an 18 on the Equinox. It was a nice sized, solid piece. I took a huge bite of dirt out and flipped the muddy plug over. Out pops a 1772 2 Escudo coin! Of course, I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't see what it was lying on the ground so yelled at my friend, what is it? What is it? After all I can't see what the thing was! The reve View attachment IMG_1416.jpg howed. He picked it up and at that point I think I because speechless as he said I didn't react much. Well, surprise will do that to you.

We also found a lot of other cool early pieces. The pottery is 18th century but we didn't find much of it. Enjoy. View attachment IMG_1410.jpg

Upvote 146

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow! Spanish Gold is the the ultimate treasure in my book! Congratulations! Wow! :notworthy:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw I do have a pic of the back that was what the second pic was to be. Had some trouble w pics today.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome.jpg Banner II.gif Congrats.gif

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold smokey! That had to feel good

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you are still killing it Gal! what a beautiful sight to see! Blessings upon blessings! Oh yeah, Banner all the way!

leonidas

Aug 30, 2018
Kennesaw, Ga
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, White's MXT, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yeah, awesome find. Ultimate coin find in my book and that's a nice one. Banner all day long. Big Congrats!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18th century Spanish Gold is at the top of my bucket list. That one is a beauty, but like others have said, how about a pic of the reverse? Definitely a banner Find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer find...a Banner find! :notworthy:

Vote in!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Against the wind, yes we used them all the time at the broth...I mean candy store! Yeah, that's where we used them, yeah, now I remember, and was that last year?::laughing7:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was about 5” deep and was a don’t ignore me signal. I got about 25 colonial buttons, pieces of shoe buckled, unknown buckles, a lead pencil (shown), that round badge would have made my day all by itself, two items are early coppers, we found six all together. This was a lot of work.

Here's the back: View attachment 1653653

That is one beautiful coin, congrats again, sorry I didn't make it. I truly appreciate the invite.
Brad

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did get out several times in two states this past two weeks. I would have been happy with the first three flat buttons, as I haven't been out much. I would have been very happy with the lead pencil. It's been 30 years since I found a lead pencil. I also would have been happy with that 2" plate or rosette, and even though they are tiny, the 18th century pieces of ceramics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions