Week Long Beach hunt in Fort Myers Beach.... YOU wont Believe what I found!!!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...NOT A DAMN THING!! :dontknow: :dontknow:

First off, I have to say to all you beach hunters out there....Good for you! :occasion14:...It takes a-lot of patience and swinging. Much more than land hunting.

I ended up going to visit family for the holidays and got an Air BnB on Estero Island ( Fort Myers Beach). Perfect location, it was quiet, not a-lot of traffic and beautiful weather.

My sons and I were pretty much hunting from 5pm-2am every day, a couple days were went early to catch the low-tide.

All and all, it was a great trip. I clocked in around 20-25 hours of hunting while I was there.

Here are my finds....about 35 cents and a ton of can slaw. I did find 3 coins stuck together out in the water, not sure if they are Spanish Silver or Spanish Copper....gotta be Spanish thou :laughing7:

I did end up with many varieties of pull tabs....so I got that going for me

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg IMG_1145.jpg IMG_1146.jpg

Upvote 23

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Whole lot of work there! I hope those are Spanish!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you make me feel better! I have had no luck on beaches either:BangHead:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is what it is and sometimes it sucks but it still is what it is. still better than having a hypodermic needle stuck in your finger while digging. if those are Spanish coins then it was successful anyways. However, the main thing was did you have a good time and if you did, then it wasn't a total bust

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted Daytona Beach a few year's back and didn't dig a darn thing either. Better luck next time.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spent a month in Englewood, Florida in October on a sabbatical...Wayne was kind enough to hunt me down a CTX 3030 a while ago, and I had high hopes...until I didn't.

Found enough to get a Route 44 Diet Coke at Sonic one day, the rest was lead weights and change. I am not disappointed, as my right arm is much stronger...yeah, that.

Glad you got some time away DnD, and got to do it with family. That is a treasure in and of itself.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain. I bounce around Florida for work and have hit several beaches on both coasts. Only beach that seemed to be loaded with targets was CWB. The local beach hunters have their spots and timing down, but you never know when you will get your coil over something great. Next time maybe the clump of coins will be from a shipwreck vs zilncolns. Congrats on having fun at the beach!

Mikebk03

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go on vacation every year to Ft Myers Beach, might take the detector next year! Does anybody know of any good parks to hunt? As to the original post, congrats on the coins!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Spanish from my house :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go on vacation every year to Ft Myers Beach, might take the detector next year! Does anybody know of any good parks to hunt? As to the original post, congrats on the coins!

I can PM you a few places I've hunted there and found silver...I know BigWaveDave is tearing it up in the FM area

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted the beach at Tybee Island one time and the only thing I found was that my coil was not waterproof! Better luck next time. There won't be one for me!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve struck out on the beach lots of times but I still enjoy just getting out detecting. Good luck in your future beach hunts.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you guys mean about hunting the sand! I hope for your sake that those three stuck coins aren't Chuck E Cheese tokens!

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great form digging, great form! And congrats!

Best wishes!

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least i'm not the only one.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do vote banner on the 1942 pop top lol I don't know why everybody was obcessed with pulling those off. I go out many times for hours and find nothing. Im always optimistic half the fun is what I might find well almost half. just being on the Beach sounds fun.Hope you had a good time you will find some goodies that will make up for it Tommy

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same results for me on fresh water beaches most times. I seem to do better in the water than on the dry sand though.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I tell people that I metal detect, their response is always “Do you go to the beach?”
I tell them yes, I’m that guy haha.
Fact is, I haven’t been to Ft. Myers Beach, Sanibel, Bonita, etc. in years.... and this is why.
Paying to park, exposure to Red Tide, toxic algae, and worst of all, children....no thanks.
Diggin dumps... next time you come to town, give me a shout, I’ll get you on some old dirt....I know that you know that I know where it’s at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions