Another beach day nets a little silver and LOT of lead

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I was able to make it to the beach, but I managed to sneak in a few hours today. Unfortunately, there weren't as many targets as usual, so I dug every signal. The result was a small amount of clad, a lot of fishing sinkers and bullets, and a few keepers. I did manage to find one silver dime - which, based on the reverse of the coin, was a Mercury dime. The obverse, however, was beyond salvage, so I'll never know what year it was minted. The best find was a silver bracelet which was marked "DNT .925 Italy" and weighed in at 11 grams! (It also cleaned up nicely!) I also found a copper medallion which turned out to be an Anheuser Busch pendant. I was able to find some just like it on eBay, but none of them have a date range of when it was manufactured. If I had to guess, based on most of the clad I found, it's from the 70's. It also cleaned up well via electrolysis. I know it isn't much, but it was a lot of fun to get back out to the beach! Thanks, as always, for looking and happy hunting to all of you!

All Finds.jpg

Silver Dime Reverse.jpg

AB Pendant Pre-Cleaning.jpg AB Pendant Post-Electrolysis.jpg

Silver Bracelet Pre-Cleaning.jpg Silver Bracelet Post-Cleaning 1.jpg

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good hunt. Silver is always nice and I like fishing sinkers for some strange reason.

Keep swingin. I’m sure there is a lot more out there to find.:icon_thumleft:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and I like fishing weights also but I melt them down and make new weights for drop shot fishing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's paydirt good huntin

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good hunt. Silver is always nice and I like fishing sinkers for some strange reason.

Keep swingin. I’m sure there is a lot more out there to find.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks! It's probably going to be after the new year before I can get back out there, but you know I will!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and I like fishing weights also but I melt them down and make new weights for drop shot fishing.

Thanks! I give them to the people fishing when I can, but yesterday there were only a few of us out there.

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much!

Ozark Redneck

Oct 14, 2018
Dover Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Nice finds I also like finding lead I don't know why I don't hunt in creeks just the banks of them but do find a few sinkers

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hawks!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, great bunch of finds there Congrats! Boy the beach sure does a job on a Merc!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, and you're right. Most of the silver coins I find at this beach are very toasted, and this is the first one that was so bad you couldn't even see an outline of the profile on the front of the coin, let alone the date! I'll still take it, though - silver is silver!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread