Seated Half Dime in the Cold Farm Field

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today, I went to the same newer permission as yesterday it was windy and cold, a far cry from yesterday’s beautiful weather. The finds were not as plentiful, but interesting nevertheless. I did manage to dig a slight whisper signal on the Minelab Explorer SE that turned out to be a damaged 1856 seated half dime :hello2:; also found a toasted wheat cent and a nice flat button. The other finds were a lead bale seal, a few rivets with leather, an intact bullet, a few modern coins and some metal items.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

12_4_18 Hunt 1.jpg 12_4_18 Hunt 2.jpg 12_4_18 Hunt 3.jpg

Upvote 34

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Professor...you’re the professor here,so tell me...why are you using that old toad of a machine?? There’s better faster sexier lighter machines out there,haven’t you heard?? I saw a whole group of them once,kinda like this...:3some:
And then I came to my senses and remembered WHY Explorers are still,well...exploring!
I also found my one and only Seated half dime with my EX2,haven’t seen hide nor hair of one since. That was 4 years ago. They are HARD to find,and you should be damn proud of yours. Congrats!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread