Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a good day today beautiful weather and some finds. First I wanna say how much I like the 15” coil. I was expecting heavier my ATP with the Storm and Tornado was so much heavier I was always complaining about my arm a shoulder. I swung for 4 hours no problem and it hits deep and surprisingly good separation. It reminded me exactly of the 11 inch except it was bigger and went deeper that’s it. So anyway I found a round ball, a button, a 1898 IHP which is very rare for me for some odd reason, all six that I do have are always roached and a mystery Cent. Thanks for looking. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG Button I guess. It has some weight to it IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG Yes it is a IHP believe it or not. I’m proud of it though. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG Mystery Cent it was deep. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

P.S. Congratulations to my partner Possum for finding his 2nd Half at this place a Walking and a Franklin today [emoji1360]

Upvote 21

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
I was going to get one of the big coils last year but everyone talked me out of it saying I wouldn't really get much more depth.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds and thanks for the update on the 15" , so far I have heard some really good things about it. I wont be able to get to any good areas until the spring so it would be pointless for me to get it now (even though I want to) , they should be readily available by then too. I think this is gonna help in some of the areas I have to cover miles of ground.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds and thanks for the update on the 15" , so far I have heard some really good things about it. I wont be able to get to any good areas until the spring so it would be pointless for me to get it now (even though I want to) , they should be readily available by then too. I think this is gonna help in some of the areas I have to cover miles of ground.

I used it at the park, separation was great....it’s the same as the 11”, little heavier, wider spread and deeper. It’s not just for fields in my opinion. I really like it I’m not just saying it because I have it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt truth I remember my at with the storm coil. Those coils go deep you lose some depth on small targets but for bullets relics larger silver they are great just don't want to use in trashy areas. Hey my friend are you going to post your 2018 finds at the end of the year I know you've been killin it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I was talking about for my Xterra 705. I don't have an Equinox unfortunately

Oh well I can say I had 2 of them for my ATP the Storm which killed my arm so I bought the Tornado which wasn’t much better I mean my arm was hurting bad I’m serious. This one’s light compared to all the other 15” coils I’ve tried. The CTX 3030 with a big coil will break you arm off.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well I can say I had 2 of them for my ATP the Storm which killed my arm so I bought the Tornado which wasn’t much better I mean my arm was hurting bad I’m serious. This one’s light compared to all the other 15” coils I’ve tried. The CTX 3030 with a big coil will break you arm off.

Ya I still kind of want to try the Cors Cannon 14.5x10.5 (same as NEL Thunder)

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth my brother, as always had another great day of detecting and looking forward to many more in the near future, but first we need to get the "War Room / Man Cave" up and running!!! LOL

"D"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You two had a very good day, congratulations! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work with the new 15” coil Truth. Can’t wait to see how it performs in future hunts. Please keep us informed. I think you and Possum make a great team and sounds like you have a lot of laughs together and really enjoy each other’s company. Congrats on the finds.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work with the new 15” coil Truth. Can’t wait to see how it performs in future hunts. Please keep us informed. I think you and Possum make a great team and sounds like you have a lot of laughs together and really enjoy each other’s company. Congrats on the finds.

Hawk, we have a great time hunting together!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm hunting with one of my brothers, were either laughing and joking around or were arguing about something!!! LMBO To be honest we share a lot of info and compare different readings between machines and it's great to share the unearthing of an awesome find with your partner... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread