Very cool find this morning!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last six metal detecting outings were unremarkable, yielding only modern clad, junk earrings, and lots of frustration. This morning I went for a cup of coffee at the supermarket after dropping my honey off at work, and ran my hand along the bottom of the Coinstar reject tray as I always do. I felt a few coins and scooped them into my hand.

As I looked at the coins in my hand I could swear I heard the Angels sing! I must have unconsciously done a happy dance or let out a gasp, because the Customer Service guy at the desk next to the Coinstar, asked me if I was OK. I assured him I was fine, pocketed the coins and was so excited I forgot to get the coffee!

At this rate, I may sell my detectors and start "Coinstar-ing" full time! :laughing7::headbang::skullflag:

Attachments

• P1070818.JPG
    P1070818.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
  • P1070817.JPG
    P1070817.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
Upvote 62

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
G:tongue3::tongue3:D G:tongue3:LLY! What a way to start the day!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the easy score! :occasion14:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Terry, that's the best Christmas gift ever! How could someone not realize what they left if the reject tray, but that's good for you! Nobody on this planet is going to beat that one! I'd say you deserve it!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wow! What a day! I bet the silver quantities are better by coin roll hunting or checking coin stars all the time but man I love the thrill of getting a good signal and brushing the dirt off to find out what I got. Well done!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Supermarkets serve coffee?!? 😱 Wow! 😁😁😁

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the amazing score! Now take the $ you were going to spend on coffee and buy a lottery ticket!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!
I scooped up a handful myself a couple days ago and was shocked that they were all modern clad in great shape.
1 state quarter, 2 dimes and 3 lincolns.
Why would the coinstar reject these?
Strange.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
SCORE! At that point I would no longer need any caffeine that morning
Do you ever look through the holes in the bottom of the basket? I got a 925 necklace that way. It was my first silver form a coinstar. I use an unsharpened #2 pencil and two way tape on the eraser end to fish things out. Talk about some strange looks from folks... I got the idea from this site. A poster here had fished out a gold earring.
Congratulations and GL with both coinstars and tectin'.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Supermarkets serve coffee?!? �� Wow! ������

Our "Giant Eagle" Market District grocery stores have starbucks inside as well as a bar. You can drink coffee and beer while shopping.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last six metal detecting outings were unremarkable, yielding only modern clad, junk earrings, and lots of frustration. This morning I went for a cup of coffee at the supermarket after dropping my honey off at work, and ran my hand along the bottom of the Coinstar reject tray as I always do. I felt a few coins and scooped them into my hand.

As I looked at the coins in my hand I could swear I heard the Angels sing! I must have unconsciously done a happy dance or let out a gasp, because the Customer Service guy at the desk next to the Coinstar, asked me if I was OK. I assured him I was fine, pocketed the coins and was so excited I forgot to get the coffee!

At this rate, I may sell my detectors and start "Coinstar-ing" full time! :laughing7::headbang::skullflag:

Holy cow! Someone dumped their grandfather's change jar into that machine! Excellent recoveries!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow some nice coins you found at the Coinstar. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four silver coins and a token (subway, etc.), that says a lot about life! Now IF you could do that every half hour of the day not only would you get good exercise walking from coinstar to coinstar machine you would have no need to sell knives but you might need to spend some money for clothes that fit you better as the exercise would change more than your outlook on life...…………...63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neohiodetectorist - the coinstar is set to reject Junk metal. What does that say about our money!...………..63bkpkr (but yes, maybe they need to redo the settings a little)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread