I Popped 2 Aleve And Went To A Hard Hit Site

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been doing too much detecting lately because I'm having a little problem with one of my knees. It's not really bad, just annoying at times. I decided to hit the site where a few years back I found a Rosie, a Mercury Dime, A Barber Dime, and A Seated Dime during one hunt and all were within 20 feet of one another. I've hit that site several times since then with several different detectors, but not with the CTX and Deus.

The very first target that I dug was a Rosie with the CTX. About halfway through the hunt, I switched over to the Deus. With both detectors, I managed to find 17 wheat pennies and 5 silver coins before calling it a day. The area that I'm detecting is around 40 yds x 40 yds in size. This site should be a good test for my NOX 600 that's arriving in the mail on Thursday. I can't wait to see how it does.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    656.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    823.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    884.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    904.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 37

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a First Edition hit, I just dropped in to see what condition my condition my condition was In! Yeah! Yeah, Oh YEAH!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work!!! 🙌

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going Tabman! Great haul of silvery goodness! Sorry to hear about your knee issues. Glad it didn't keep you from getting out there.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot to be said about the CTX once you spend 10 years learning how to use it! AT pro is my go to unless I am in areas where the AU and silver lurk. With that said I pounded a 10 x 20 foot area where kids hang out after school. Pulled out tons of clad no rings or silver with the CTX Hit it again with my son dual at pros and my son pulled a gold band where I know for a fact had waived the CTX over it multiple times. Probably proof that owning and using more than one brand of detector is a wise idea. Let your SO's know what you need for X MAS

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You crushed it Tabman!!!!! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot to be said about the CTX once you spend 10 years learning how to use it! AT pro is my go to unless I am in areas where the AU and silver lurk. With that said I pounded a 10 x 20 foot area where kids hang out after school. Pulled out tons of clad no rings or silver with the CTX Hit it again with my son dual at pros and my son pulled a gold band where I know for a fact had waived the CTX over it multiple times. Probably proof that owning and using more than one brand of detector is a wise idea. Let your SO's know what you need for X MAS

Pretty much everyone knows I’m a hardcore CTX user and fanboy,but I agree TOTALLY with owning at least a couple machines,and one being multi freq while the other is single seems to work for a lot of people. NO single machine will harvest everything,and that’s not something I easily concede. If my 14k 6 gram wedding band is on edge, my CTX WILL NOT SEE IT. My IDXPro will,same test,similar sized coils. I about shat myself the first time I saw that. Silver and copper coins? The CTX gobbles those things up like candy in about any site,proper coil installed...
The statement was...have a couple of units. Again,great advice given!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman...2 things have saved my knees that have had a rough life,being attached to a 25 year auto mechanic and all...Mueller knee braces(the 60$ ones with metal hinges) and good,padded full sized knee pads. The Mueller braces are used when the knee(s) starts giving ANY issues,the knee pads are used religiously on every hunt. Without these two items I am out of business. Literally.
A little bird told me one time that when in SUPER heavy trash with the CTX,to turn OFF Auto Tracking and to manually GB the machine on an adjacent piece of clean ground. The reasoning is that this will let the machine identify the trash and handle it as such instead of seeing it as the ground matrix and trying to track it out. Basically, it’s apparently more effective for it to deal with the trash in the disc circuit than it is via the GB system. Also...Fast ON, Gain 30. Test it out and see what happens...

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds hope your knee gets better

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tabman and I see a great opportunity for you! Aleve hires you to do a TV advertisement showing you taking two Aleve and heading out with your CTX and finding all that silver! They will pay you to detect, WIN-WIN!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tabman. I'm sure you will like adding the 600 to your arsenal of detectors. My 800 has already sniffed out some very nice coins over the 6 months that I've had it.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, tabman you have a great fleet of machines ,and always get great results. So why did you require that many?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I'm always amazed after hitting a site super hard with one detector and then switch detectors and start finding stuff that I missed with the first detector. The CTX and Deus make a good team.

You crushed it Tabman!!!!! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:
Thanks! I get lucky sometimes.

Pretty much everyone knows I’m a hardcore CTX user and fanboy,but I agree TOTALLY with owning at least a couple machines,and one being multi freq while the other is single seems to work for a lot of people. NO single machine will harvest everything,and that’s not something I easily concede. If my 14k 6 gram wedding band is on edge, my CTX WILL NOT SEE IT. My IDXPro will,same test,similar sized coils. I about shat myself the first time I saw that. Silver and copper coins? The CTX gobbles those things up like candy in about any site,proper coil installed...
The statement was...have a couple of units. Again,great advice given!
You got that right!

Tabman...2 things have saved my knees that have had a rough life,being attached to a 25 year auto mechanic and all...Mueller knee braces(the 60$ ones with metal hinges) and good,padded full sized knee pads. The Mueller braces are used when the knee(s) starts giving ANY issues,the knee pads are used religiously on every hunt. Without these two items I am out of business. Literally.
A little bird told me one time that when in SUPER heavy trash with the CTX,to turn OFF Auto Tracking and to manually GB the machine on an adjacent piece of clean ground. The reasoning is that this will let the machine identify the trash and handle it as such instead of seeing it as the ground matrix and trying to track it out. Basically, it’s apparently more effective for it to deal with the trash in the disc circuit than it is via the GB system. Also...Fast ON, Gain 10. Test it out and see what happens...
Thanks for the info about the knee brace, I'm going to check that out for sure. I'm going to give setting the gain at 10 a try, I've been running mine at 21. I've got a lot to learn about the CTX. I'd like to know all the settings that you use at a trashy site littered with both can slaw and nails.

Nice finds hope your knee gets better
Thanks! Aleve works better than Advil.

Nice bunch of silvuh there!:headbang:
Thanks! I always love seeing silver pop out of the ground, even if it's just a Rosie.

Awesome silver finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks! I'm surprised that many wheat pennies and silver coins were found at that site since I've hit it hard many times before. I bet that there are scores of more silver coins and gold rings hiding there that will never be found.

Congrats Tabman and I see a great opportunity for you! Aleve hires you to do a TV advertisement showing you taking two Aleve and heading out with your CTX and finding all that silver! They will pay you to detect, WIN-WIN!
Thanks! Aleve works a whole lot better for me than Advil does. I always get the genic brand at Walmart, It works just as good and cost a whole lot less.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Tabman. I'm sure you will like adding the 600 to your arsenal of detectors. My 800 has already sniffed out some very nice coins over the 6 months that I've had it.
Thanks! What your favorite settings?

Wow, tabman you have a great fleet of machines ,and always get great results. So why did you require that many?
Thanks! Using a different detector sometimes works better at unmasking certain masked targets. Besides it's fun to try out different detectors at same sites, it keeps things interesting. I've been through a bunch.

tabman

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good God! You cleaned it out pretty darn good! You won't find too much based on what I've seen of those high end detectors. I sure want to see the results though! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions