Hey guys need some identification help on this.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE!! I think I might have found the oldest pewter olive oil cap in the world.

I went back to the park and use the 15 inch equinox Coil and it had me digging deep I did find something interesting but I’m not sure what it is and I can’t find it on the Internet. All I can make out is that it’s French and says A****HE (I think) PUGET MARSEILLE. It was apparently a screw top of some sort and made of what reminds me of pewter. It rang up on a solid 16 at 9 inches and I really wouldn’t dig anything on the equinox at 16 but it was so solid and deep I had to see what it was and this is it. Any help would be much appreciated. Also some weird lead pieces and what nots. One thing I could say about this coil your arms won’t hurting from swinging it but they’ll sure be hurting from digging it. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a clue

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think will help but...

Mont Puget is a mountain, part of Marseille-Cassis calanques, located south-east of Marseille. Like most Marseille mountains, it is formed from limestone.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna have to toothbrush water that one on that first word IMO to pin it down.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't think will help but...

Mont Puget is a mountain, part of Marseille-Cassis calanques, located south-east of Marseille. Like most Marseille mountains, it is formed from limestone.

Yeah I saw that just can’t link it to this top of sort.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why ? do banners smell like olive oil ? :)

:P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what a banner smells like... never gotten one.

Course I never tried either.

But I am sure they smell good. :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a goody looks like an old rare wine bottle cap.... Was this a the fort site you and Possum have been looting lol that's a cool find that deep its gotta be ancient!!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a goody looks like an old rare wine bottle cap.... Was this a the fort site you and Possum have been looting lol that's a cool find that deep its gotta be ancient!!!!

No it at a old hunted out park I found the 1787 1 reales and the 1806 1/2 real in the same hole the other day did you see them....a Spanish silver spill. I started at this place with my Bounty Hunter been there hundreds of times with all my detectors over the years. Now it’s my NEW spot lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drooled over that spill in Spanish. My town was founded in 1817 no battles no wars kinda sucks lol but I manage some relics here and there and as many silver coins and rings as I can.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drooled over that spill in Spanish. My town was founded in 1817 no battles no wars kinda sucks lol but I manage some relics here and there and as many silver coins and rings as I can.

Keep looking Spanish was big around here and so were battles. Still hard to find but persistence is key my friend.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE!! I think I might have found the oldest pewter olive oil cap in the world.

I went back to the park and use the 15 inch equinox Coil and it had me digging deep I did find something interesting but I’m not sure what it is and I can’t find it on the Internet. All I can make out is that it’s French and says A****HE (I think) PUGET MARSEILLE. It was apparently a screw top of some sort and made of what reminds me of pewter. It rang up on a solid 16 at 9 inches and I really wouldn’t dig anything on the equinox at 16 but it was so solid and deep I had to see what it was and this is it. Any help would be much appreciated. Also some weird lead pieces and what nots. One thing I could say about this coil your arms won’t hurting from swinging it but they’ll sure be hurting from digging it. View attachment 1657874 View attachment 1657875 View attachment 1657877 View attachment 1657881

Hi Truth French 1800's Olive Oil came in a bottle with a applied seal latour , hand blown . Black to green and had a glass stopper. TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread